Sy police drug crime

Growing cannabis or using cannabis shouldn't be illegal. The police are hopefully concentrating on more important issues.

Have you forgotten to use the phrase "for personal use"?

... or are you sanctioning all growth, sale and use of cannabis?

i would be very unhappy if one of my 12 year old offspring bought beer - cigarettes etc and they are legal

Yes for a adult ov er 18 not a minor buying illegal drugs like u say fags and beer are legal weed is not simple

Have you forgotten to use the phrase "for personal use"?

... or are you sanctioning all growth, sale and use of cannabis?

Yeah, pretty much the latter.

It IS ILLEGAL and should be illegal. The Police ignore most drug crime. Foxhunting is illegal, the police take no action against that either. What actually DO THEY DO ?? I know they are "just following orders" but the public are starting to notice quite a lot.

Run towards explosions when everyone else is running the other way?

Fight terrorists armed with knives?

Look at horrific images of children being abused all day to try and catch those responsible?

It's easy to criticise 'the police' and just like any walk of life there'll be bad ones who let the others and the public down, but try and put that in the context of some of the horrific stuff they have to deal with.

It IS ILLEGAL and should be illegal. The Police ignore most drug crime. Foxhunting is illegal, the police take no action against that either. What actually DO THEY DO ?? I know they are "just following orders" but the public are starting to notice quite a lot.

An example

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/latest-sheffield-police-officers-injured-by-man-armed-with-axe-1-7851955

Not a job I would want. Nobody has ever attacked me with an axe, work or otherwise.

They are spread very thinly - there are so few of them and there will be less in the future.

Well done Tory government.

Try doing some Googling on the percentage of police officers off sick on full pay at any one time.

If the issues all these officers are suffering from could be helped, maybe we would have thousands more officers on the streets at no extra cost?

Personally I would ringfence the police budget and make it protected, I would also want some efficiency measures implementing.

Always plenty for a football match.

Very true.

But then, that is paid for by the football club and will no doubt be "overtime" for the officers?

Very true.

But then, that is paid for by the football club and will no doubt be "overtime" for the officers?

A contribution is paid by the club I believe, but nowhere near the full cost.

Always plenty for a football match.

Thats because lots of those working football should have been on their day off, but get their day off cancelled and don't even get paid for it, they are given a day off in lieu instead. Theres noting they can do about it, its imposed on them.

---------- Post added 22-11-2017 at 11:54 ----------

Very true.

Football club only pays for the cops in the stadium, and not for all the cops needed outside before, during and after the match. Very little overtime received by cops working football these days. Its all planned well in advance so they don't have to pay them.

Edited by WarPig

This coming Saturday there are 3 football matches on in South Yorkshire. 100s of bobbies will be working. 90 percent of those officers will have had their day off cancelled once again.

There is no overtime and no extra payment, just a day off in lieu.

If the clubs pay a stipend it is to SYP to cover costs of officers in the ground and not to the officers.

In South Yorkshire Police there is a leave embargo at the moment so trying to get that day back before Christmas back is impossible.

Due to shift work most officers only get one weekend off in five so having to work a day on your weekend off is a great imposition.