Chapeltown last night

im surprised you could spell lobotomy...do you know what it means

Well,you know living out here in the village of the damned we have to spend our time doing something, I read the dictionary.

Wilf

mmm..well i dont know...not my favourite places....depressing..

you live out there dont you???? i knew it!!!...disgusting!!!

you live out there dont you???? i knew it!!!...disgusting!!!

lol not quite!

I live in Harley, terrible place!

Wilf

er....anyway guys, anyone kno what happened in chap????!!!

:loopy:

too far away for me......go a bit further to barnsley and its even worse..maybe you live out there...i reckon you can buy a house for a tenner

Why would Pavarotti want to live there? :loopy:

You ears are so good to tell an accentual difference from people who live just over a mile away.

Yep, that's exactly what it's like. The Hoyland dialect is TOTALLY different from Chapeltown.

Chapeltown's always been a bit rough, but that's mainly because (most of) the people that go out there are younger, and get into scraps more easily. I know - I used to be one of them. ;)

I live in Harley, terrible place!

The hamlet of the damned - all 6 of em ;)

Chap ain't that bad! there are many worse places in sheffield, north and south!

Why did Scandals get brought into this thread?

As for trouble, for a busy pub like Scandals there does not seem to be that much bother inside, maybe tempers flare because of all the people waiting at the unofficial taxi rank at the side of the pub, with 20 or so people arguing for the same cab

Chap ain't that bad! there are many worse places in sheffield, north and south!

It has got worse over the last few years, mainly with Youths and drugs.

The drug problem mainly started in High Green and worked it's way down to Chap.

I lived there 40 years.

I liked it that much, I spent time building a website. HERE

Yep, that's exactly what it's like. The Hoyland dialect is TOTALLY different from Chapeltown.

Chapeltown's always been a bit rough, but that's mainly because (most of) the people that go out there are younger, and get into scraps more easily. I know - I used to be one of them. ;)

Go to disgaree with you Tony - I live in Hoyland and I have done since 1997 -previously I spent 28 years living in the Hillsborough!

The Hoyland dialect isnt totally different from Chapeltown as the majority of people in Hoyland are more "Sheffield" than Barnsley.

Yes there are idiots ALL over South Yorkshire and not just Chapletown and Hoyland - What about the so called posher end of town - there are morons running through these areas as well.

I live exactly 2 miles from Scandals(up the hill) and drink in Chapeltown - for someone to say that the trouble caused the other evening was down to idiots from Jump and Hoyland is WRONG and this isnt sustainable- so don not allow posts that are just totally wrong and incorrect.

:loopy:

After speaking to someone down in chapeltown last night, the word seems to be that someone was seen walking around with a sawn off shot gun, this might be totaly wrong, but as i have said that is the rumour of the moment.