Hillsborough Library

Why is your ire directed at the council when you clearly know that the services you mention are run by a private company, Capita?

First you ask "why is your ire directed at the council" Then you suggest seeing a councillor to sort it out :huh:

First you ask "why is your ire directed at the council" Then you suggest seeing a councillor to sort it out :huh:

I don't understand why you are confused. Capita are responsible for the failings listed by the OP and the councillors are better placed for ensuring that Capita are not in breach of their contract. Surely contacting your councillors is a better option than coming on to a public forum expecting others to explain what to do?

I don't understand why you are confused. Capita are responsible for the failings listed by the OP and the councillors are better placed for ensuring that Capita are not in breach of their contract. Surely contacting your councillors is a better option than coming on to a public forum expecting others to explain what to do?

How do you know whose fault it is. Do you have access to the service agreement betweeen the council and Capita ?

How do you know whose fault it is. Do you have access to the service agreement betweeen the council and Capita ?

Read my posts very carefully and you'll see that that is why I suggested contacting a councillor. People on forums tend not to have all the facts.

With respect to Hillsborough Library, The staff are nice enough, so this is Directed at the council, please stop cutting services to the bone!!!...you had a scanner broken for a whole month, and now the printer...I cant complain to the staff, their hands are tied "we report it, we cant touch it, everything is owned by Capita".

The library is more than, as Ive just been told"just for books anyway", NO , not these days when 99% of any day to day government, job, Passport, whatever business is done online.....and people cant just go , across Sheffield..your our local library!!, and thus, resources for the community , like a printer, like a scanner,like a dedicated PC station for word, and not gaming, people can use...

cut everything to the bone, there wont even be any bone left....

Hi! I know you wrote this a while ago but I'd be interested in talking to you about this library issue. I'm a 2nd year journalism student at Hallam. I've already been contacting the council's press office but it'd be so useful if I could get a couple of quotes off you/possibly do a quick interview, if you're up for it?

Whilst the financial details will be confidential one would expect that the service agreement itself would be in the public domain.

As for the idea of contacting your Councillor well as far as I can see they only act as a postbox and the idea of standing up for their constituents and trying to get the council and other public bodies to see sense is wishful thinking