Hillsborough Library

With respect to Hillsborough Library, The staff are nice enough, so this is Directed at the council, please stop cutting services to the bone!!!...you had a scanner broken for a whole month, and now the printer...I cant complain to the staff, their hands are tied "we report it, we cant touch it, everything is owned by Capita".

The library is more than, as Ive just been told"just for books anyway", NO , not these days when 99% of any day to day government, job, Passport, whatever business is done online.....and people cant just go , across Sheffield..your our local library!!, and thus, resources for the community , like a printer, like a scanner,like a dedicated PC station for word, and not gaming, people can use...

cut everything to the bone, there wont even be any bone left....

Why is your ire directed at the council when you clearly know that the services you mention are run by a private company, Capita?

Why is your ire directed at the council when you clearly know that the services you mention are run by a private company, Capita?
isnt it the council who give these private companies the contracts:roll:

Becuase the council can do something, they can get though too, contact, service audit, their contract provider, ie Capia, better than I, or amember of the public, or the libuary staff can...

Becuase the council can do something, they can get though too, contact, service audit, their contract provider, ie Capia, better than I, or amember of the public, or the libuary staff can...

I suggest you contact your local councillor and ask them to do something.

Lucky Hillsborough one is still open with this council cutting everything

The library service is run by Sheffield City Council, not Capita

With respect to Hillsborough Library, The staff are nice enough, so this is Directed at the council, please stop cutting services to the bone!!!...you had a scanner broken for a whole month, and now the printer...I cant complain to the staff, their hands are tied "we report it, we cant touch it, everything is owned by Capita".

The library is more than, as Ive just been told"just for books anyway", NO , not these days when 99% of any day to day government, job, Passport, whatever business is done online.....and people cant just go , across Sheffield..your our local library!!, and thus, resources for the community , like a printer, like a scanner,like a dedicated PC station for word, and not gaming, people can use...

Well said.

The loss of local Libraries is a scandal. As is the privatisation of services to companies like Capita.

---------- Post added 19-11-2017 at 11:45 ----------

Well said.

The loss of local Libraries is a scandal. As is the privatisation of services to companies like Capita.

I agree with Max, go and see your local Councillor and try your MP for good measure.

---------- Post added 19-11-2017 at 11:46 ----------

Well said.

I agree with Max, go and see your local Councillor and try your MP for good measure.

Lucky Hillsborough one is still open with this council cutting everything

Try blaming the Tory govt instead of your local,council

The council are the ones accountable to the public for the running of council services. That they chose to outsource them does not negate their responsibility for their running.

---------- Post added 19-11-2017 at 13:48 ----------

Well said.

Well said.

Well said.

It would be interesting to know how much Labour saved through their library cuts programme.

Well said.

Well said.

Well said.

If it was not for the volunteers you would have 10 or 12 less libraries.

If it was not for the volunteers you would have 10 or 12 less libraries.

Yes, I know. We should be very grateful to those volunteers, they do an excellent job and have kept libraries going.

But, and I mean no disrespect, I think if a job is worth doing it should be paid for. How long can we depend on the good will of generous volunteers?

Would MPs consider doing their job for free?