Mind the gap it is getting BIGGER

Yep, my mistake there. 1.3 ppg is mid-table form. Worth sacking the manager for?

Seeing the aim was promotion yes, of course.

I want to see what difference these players being there or not made.

I'm not trying to prove anything. I want to see how much truth there is to the claims of SWFC's season being blighted by injury.

I've looked at the first 10 matches. 7 points gained from a possible 30. The sequence was LDDWDWWWDLL

Of the players mentioned above:

Forestieri

Hooper

Fletcher

Lee

Abdi

Westwood

Lees

Bannan

Hutchinson

Matias

Van Aken

Most of them played in most of those matches. 3 were missing for 4 games; 4 were missing for 5 games; 5 were missing for 1 game.

Well done Poirot..... youre wrong..but commendable effort nice that you'd go to all this trouble to try and prove a point ...what next..? The Titanic didn't sink...Elvis is not dead...:hihi::hihi:

So, about the Wednesday thing. To conclude, they're alright when they have everyone fully fit.

Pretty much.

Could probably do with a bit of power in midfield and another versatile defender

So, about the Wednesday thing. To conclude, they're alright when they have everyone fully fit.

I said at the beginning of the season that the squad was unbalanced and not good enough for automatic, with a fully fit squad (or a couple out) top 6 should have been acheivable, not guarenteed but the previous two seasons suggest it was not an unrealistic expectation, the early blow of losing FF was a huge factor.

I love how even after all these years united fans dont get that this is and has always been said ironically, some even type it in capital letters to make the point, hilarious.

---------- Post added 24-04-2018 at 10:16 ----------

I find it really interesting that 10 players out inc Hooper, Bannan, Westwood and Forestieri who are amongst the divisions best (oh and Tom Lees) don't count towards having a troubled season but in 2012 when United had Ched Evans unavailable to play it was the one and only reason Wednesday got promoted above them - the wisdom of the football fan.:hihi::hihi:

You must admit Ched Evans was red hot at the time, scoring freely and losing him at the crucial part of a season was a huge knock for the complete side and with him I think we would have got promotion Wed may have also got promotion as they got the results that mattered at the time

Seeing the aim was promotion yes, of course.
Of course? Fulham and Villa were in just as poor form at the time.

I said at the beginning of the season that the squad was unbalanced and not good enough for automatic, with a fully fit squad (or a couple out) top 6 should have been acheivable, not guarenteed but the previous two seasons suggest it was not an unrealistic expectation, the early blow to FF was a huge factor.

I thought you'd be up there, but I don't think you've moved forward as much as you should have in the last couple of years.

The side that were at Wembley against Hull is basically what you've got now. It wasn't a particularly young group of players then, and like every side, you've got to keep things fresh. There haven't been many, but the signings you've made since haven't taken you forward.

This is why previous seasons achievements, especially in a league like the Championship, where clubs are rapidly evolving, with six highly unpredictable clubs coming in every year is a poor way to judge an upcoming season.

Let's be reight.

It's been a season of football that's been decent for us Blades, with some really good performances and results. Expectations change all of the time. This is how it went for me:

Before the season started, I reckoned we'd be a competitive top half side, who could push for the play off's.

After three games, winning our opening match against Brentford in a very fortunate manner, and getting outplayed by Cardiff and Middlesbrough, I thought we'd struggle. I predicted finishing in the bottom half, but avoiding relegation at that point.

Then we got into the swing of it, and went on a run of games that saw us top of the league. At that point, I was confident we had what it would take to be in the top six for the remainder of the season.

Then, the Burton game. We won 3-1, but Coutts broke his leg. There was a feeling amongst Blades that this was going to be a turning point. The feeling after that much was the lowest I've felt all season, and we were top at the point.

From then until the new year I think we won one game, on boxing day against the worst side in the league. Performances were relatively good in general, but we lacked the calmness that Coutts provided.

The depth at that point just wasn't there, Lundstram was trying his best but the midfield three that had been bossing it for over a year lost arguably their most important member.

I thought we'd struggle until January, and then bring in players who'd help us pick up results for the remainder of the season. At this point I thought a play off spot was still on the cards.

January came, and we signed four players. In their first game, we beat Norwich in a well deserved victory, Evans looked like a quality signing and James Wilson scored.

Since then, Evans has been the only regular in the team. He's had some good games and some poor games, but results did pick up.

Leonard got a few chances, and disappointed. Wilson has been either poor or injured and despite Wilder chasing him since the summer, Holmes has barely played. Despite getting his targets, they've not had the impact we thought.

After January, I still thought a play off spot was possible, and to say we haven't really fallen away, I was right. Unfortunately it's going to be a step too far, and we've only ourselves to blame after not winning so many games we really should have due to a lack of quality where it matters.

August to November - Automatic promotion form

November to January - Relegation form

January to April - Mid table form

So, to the people who can't believe we are where we are after our 'terrible run', it makes complete sense. We still have a very small chance too at this point, with only two games left.

When you factor in everything, it has been a decent season.

Our defense have let us down, Fleck, Duffy and Basham since losing Coultts can hold their head up. Too much sideways and backwards instead of passes on the floor for the forwards has been the downfall and CW must take some of the blame for this

Of course? Fulham and Villa were in just as poor form at the time.

Would you mind just checking who was injured for both Fulham and Villa at the time....:roll:

Would you mind just checking who was injured for both Fulham and Villa at the time....:roll:
No. You tell me :loopy:

No. You tell me :loopy:

To be honest i couldn't careless...but you crack on with your Wednesday's injury list conspiracy theory..:thumbsup:

To be honest i couldn't careless...but you crack on with your Wednesday's injury list conspiracy theory..:thumbsup:
Haha, someone's a bit touchy :hihi: