Mind the gap it is getting BIGGER

No,it's not a free hit season.........no team has said to us,'Hey,welcome back,it's been a long time since we saw you here,tell you what,it's that nice to see you again,you've no problems this afternoon,we're taking it easy,so fill your boots'.

As for the rest,tell me something I don't know,I already posted the 'if youre not moving forward,you're going backward'.........it just so happens we are discussing this season,not next season.

They certainly haven't said that since November :hihi:

Your own fans didn't expect you to do well, a stray pass is a stray pass, a missed sitter is met with a shrug. The bar will be raised next season - different ball game entirely. Thats your free hit.

Spending money doesn't guarantee anything,we have spent almost nothing and got above millionaires this season,we've been over this god knows how many times now,Millwall recruited well and spent very little but went on a long unbeaten run that got them to the play off places,we spent money and have played one of the 4 players we brought in on a regular basis,therefore,recruitment of the wrong type was a big factor,not the lack of spending money.........if you bring the wrong players in,they get you nowhere,bring the right ones in,they get you somewhere,money helps,but Millwall have proved it is not the be all and end all,and the teams that have never had a sniff this season but have shelled out bucket loads for players says it's not the be all and end all as well,or they would be up where we have been.

As for Wilder,if he doesn't get the money,he has every right to be off in the close season,I would wish him all the best in the rest of his managerial career.

You're a staunch defender of United in every single way and your constant comparison to how Wednesday have done in almost ever post you make makes it difficult to have any reasoned sort of conversation with you..

I would make the observation that your chairman said at the time of Prince whats his name coming to the club was that he had game changing funds....which would be spent at the right time..so sitting in the play off places with a potential return to the Premier League as the prize...would you not think that was the "right time" to spend some of the game changing investment considering what's at stake...?

But hey you were top of the league once so everything's fine...:roll:

You're a staunch defender of United in every single way and your constant comparison to how Wednesday have done in almost ever post you make makes it difficult to have any reasoned sort of conversation with you..

I would make the observation that your chairman said at the time of Prince whats his name coming to the club was that he had game changing funds....which would be spent at the right time..so sitting in the play off places with a potential return to the Premier League as the prize...would you not think that was the "right time" to spend some of the game changing investment considering what's at stake...?

But hey you were top of the league once so everything's fine...:roll:

I've made plenty of posts and not even mentioned Wednesday,I don't need to,because I know that we've had a good season and achieved what we needed to do.

The only people who can decide what the right time is to spend are the owners,it's their business,so if they decide that they don't want to spend money in an attempt to chase more money,that's up to them.

Spending more money is no guarantee of success,how many more times have we got to go through this,if Wilder had a couple of players in mind who cost millions and he thought they would have a good chance of getting us in the play offs,and winning the play offs,then it would have been a good time to spend.

We don't know if Wilder had got them in mind,if he had,who they are,and if we got them,would they achieve what they were bought for,the only thing I know is that in summer,we bid for Connor Coady,which must have been 2MIL to be realistic,and there was a vague mention of money available for a 'special player' if we were up there in January.........so anybody who can throw more light on those situations,shout up .

---------- Post added 23-04-2018 at 16:15 ----------

They certainly haven't said that since November :hihi:

Your own fans didn't expect you to do well, a stray pass is a stray pass, a missed sitter is met with a shrug. The bar will be raised next season - different ball game entirely. Thats your free hit.

No,it depends on summer recruitment.........if we don't recruit well,then I will be expecting us to struggle,if we spend at least 5MIL,then I would expect another shot at play offs.........at the moment,we are talking about this season,not what could happen next season,because there's a lot can happen between now and the end of the next window.

Big problems at Blades end of season with The 2 owners I'm sure Radio said about a court battle , Question is where's that leave Wilder on transfers/budget etc etc or will he take a offer from another club ?? Tough call either way

Big problems at Blades end of season with The 2 owners I'm sure Radio said about a court battle , Question is where's that leave Wilder on transfers/budget etc etc or will he take a offer from another club ?? Tough call either way

Not sure where the court thing comes into.

I'm led to believe it is just legal wranglings and I assume that valuations are miles apart

Not sure where the court thing comes into.

I'm led to believe it is just legal wranglings and I assume that valuations are miles apart

It’s been speculated (and only that) that talks have broken down and court could be the next step, obviously the length of time that would take could have repercussions. I’m sure neither owner would want to willingly damage the club though.

It’s been speculated (and only that) that talks have broken down and court could be the next step, obviously the length of time that would take could have repercussions. I’m sure neither owner would want to willingly damage the club though.

If talks have broken down then surely it is business as usual?

From all I see, is that Wilder requested X players and he got them.

If that changes in the summer, then we will address that. Very speculative if you ask me

If talks have broken down then surely it is business as usual?

From all I see, is that Wilder requested X players and he got them.

If that changes in the summer, then we will address that. Very speculative if you ask me

I think the rumours of talks breaking down emerged after the transfer window so wouldn't have had much bearing.

All will be revealed in time I suppose.

Too much made of the injury situation. We were poor long before the players stared getting injured and looked anything but a playoff side at the beginning of the season (and for much of last season).

Any Wednesdayite who says United have been "lucky" or got a "free hit" is living in cloud cuckoo land and it just sounds like sour grapes. They've been better than us, they play quick attacking football and create loads of chances. The exact opposite of Wednesday

Pushing around the play offs /automatics as usual ?, in your 10 years in the championship since 2005/6 you've had a 4th & a 6th play off years & never been higher than 9th in the other 8 years,

True, no doubt your factual post shall be argued by the usual:)

10 years in the Championship, its no surprise to me Sheffield is the city of football many nationwide forget.,

BOTH clubs have failed over the years. yet some feel its a right to be called massive, deserve to be European Champions, yet faulter on a regular basis.excuse after excuse.

Both Sheffield clubs as history shows are jo jo clubs. it will be many a year before either compete in the top 6 of the premiership.

Its a race between the two clubs who shall make the premiership first, massive or mighty??

Both sets of fans some times need a head shake, some of us hate the premiership, its greed and its debt .

Of course no one would turn it down, but be careful what we wish for..as supporters we want winning teams, the premiership would be just a fleeting visit for both.. other than the cash, how many really want the premiership?

Too much made of the injury situation. We were poor long before the players stared getting injured and looked anything but a playoff side at the beginning of the season (and for much of last season).

Any Wednesdayite who says United have been "lucky" or got a "free hit" is living in cloud cuckoo land and it just sounds like sour grapes. They've been better than us, they play quick attacking football and create loads of chances. The exact opposite of Wednesday

Nice to see a bit of truth emerging from an Owl and not the usual 'shoulda coulda' garbage. Wednesday have not got anywhere near their expectations this season whilst United have exceeded expectations. I don't buy the incessant injuries excuses. If that many players are *genuinely* getting injured, then it's either your tactics or the training regime that is at fault.

Now that the government are considering banning straws, I wonder what your 'Top' posters will clutch at next?

Wednesday's season has been decimated by injuries and anyone who says otherwise is plainly wrong....

What has caused so many injuries at the same time is open to question..but take 10 first team regulars out of any team and it will have a detrimental effect on results...Carlos had run his course and the new manager has struggled to put a decent run of results together until the likes of Bannan,Lees and Forestieri have returned to the side...what does that tell you..?

No denying United have had a great season,but to be honest its what Wednesday do that matters to me ..