Mind the gap it is getting BIGGER

When it comes to Sheffield footy rivalry, doesn't matter if it's one point or twenty points, just to be able to finish above your nearest and dearest is the far greater prize, and i say that for both sides before i'm jumped on...

It isn’t 100%. It’s a bonus but I’d rather have a top 6 place. I’ve never based a seasons success or failure on where united finish.

When it comes to Sheffield footy rivalry, doesn't matter if it's one point or twenty points, just to be able to finish above your nearest and dearest is the far greater prize, and i say that for both sides before i'm jumped on...

So true. its like seeing your x with her new boy friend eventually the pain goes.

For 6 years,the gap was important to S6,or it must have been a phrase that just appeared here on ghost posts,now for some reason the gap isn't important this season.

For years the Championship was 'arguably the most competative league in Europe',this season it's apparently a poor division.

What happened to make the about turn in some attitudes to the 2 subjects?

For 6 years,the gap was important to S6,or it must have been a phrase that just appeared here on ghost posts,now for some reason the gap isn't important this season.

For years the Championship was 'arguably the most competative league in Europe',this season it's apparently a poor division.

What happened to make the about turn in some attitudes to the 2 subjects?

When the gap is a league apart it makes a difference, when one team has had an awful injury blighted campaign and the other has had a "good season" yet there are only a few places between them isn't a gap thats really worth shouting about (although you have). The fact that a team thats only won 11 games in nearly 6 months is still in with a mathamatical chance to make the top 6 is testament to how poor its been.

Hope that answers your questions.

When the gap is a league apart it makes a difference, when one team has had an awful injury blighted campaign and the other has had a "good season" yet there are only a few places between them isn't a gap thats really worth shouting about (although you have). The fact that a team thats only won 11 games in nearly 6 months is still in with a mathamatical chance to make the top 6 is testament to how poor its been.

That just goalpost moves,it says that a gap is only any good when it's a big gap,so now we have to change the theme from 'Mind The Gap' to 'Mind the size of the Gap':hihi:

Your 'poor division' thing completely ignores the first part of our season and concentrates on the poor part,and also ignores that the division has improved because more teams have improved enough by adding quality,like us and Millwall,pushing teams like Reading and Norwich down the table,so it's just as competetive as it always is.

That just goalpost moves,it says that a gap is only any good when it's a big gap,so now we have to change the theme from 'Mind The Gap' to 'Mind the size of the Gap':hihi:

Your 'poor division' thing completely ignores the first part of our season and concentrates on the poor part,and also ignores that the division has improved because more teams have improved enough by adding quality,like us and Millwall,pushing teams like Reading and Norwich down the table,so it's just as competetive as it always is.

I don't think there were any rules as to what a gap constitutes but a division apart is a decent enough gulf, the current few places is irrelevant.

Good to see you think you've added quality, I think your on your own with that one.

I don't think there were any rules as to what a gap constitutes but a division apart is a decent enough gulf, the current few places is irrelevant.

Good to see you think you've added quality, I think your on your own with that one.

So,according to you,the Blades never got to the top of the Championship this season because they added quality,how do you get to the top of any league?....without quality?

How have Millwall and Brentford got to within touching distance of the play offs,like us,without quality?

If the Blades have only won 11 in 6 months and are very poor then how bad does that make the Owls who are a further 10+ points behind? And don't start with the 'bad injuries' etc as Blades could coincide their slump in form with losing Coutts. I await next season when you guys are above us again and you start with the 'Mind The Gap'. May have to tag this post as a reminder or will you do your usual about turn and spout some other rubbish to make yourself still seem the be all and end all of all Sheffield Football Knowledge?

---------- Post added 23-04-2018 at 09:53 ----------

So,according to you,the Blades never got to the top of the Championship this season because they added quality,how do you get to the top of any league?....without quality?

How have Millwall and Brentford got to within touching distance of the play offs,like us,without quality?

Blades, Millwall, Brentford, Preston, Leeds, etc are all above Owls due to the numerous injuries sustained by the Owls 'massive' squad. If it wasn't for injuries Owls would have been promoted back in September. Or so some people would have you believe. :roll::roll::roll:

Edited by DaMan

If the Blades have only won 11 in 6 months and are very poor then how bad does that make the Owls who are a further 10+ points behind? And don't start with the 'bad injuries' etc as Blades could coincide their slump in form with losing Coutts. I await next season when you guys are above us again and you start with the 'Mind The Gap'. May have to tag this post as a reminder or will you do your usual about turn and spout some other rubbish to make yourself still seem the be all and end all of all Sheffield Football Knowledge?

---------- Post added 23-04-2018 at 09:53 ----------

Blades, Millwall, Brentford, Preston, Leeds, etc are all above Owls due to the numerous injuries sustained by the Owls 'massive' squad. If it wasn't for injuries Owls would have been promoted back in September. Or so some people would have you believe. :roll::roll::roll:

We’ve had an absolutely awful season, it started badly and injuries made it much worse. Never said otherwise.

Being top of the league at the end of the season is what counts though and perhaps the lack of quality has led to you being in your current position...to which your manager and some of your fellow supporters have alluded to...

Being top of the league at the end of the season is what counts though and perhaps the lack of quality has led to you being in your current position...to which your manager and some of your fellow supporters have alluded to...

Having quality to get there,and not enough to stay there are 2 different things,nobody even expected us to be at the top of the division for any amount of time,so it's no surprise that we aren't there at the end.

If we haven't added the quality to get to the top at some stage,what does that say about teams who never got near the top at any stage?

Having quality to get there,and not enough to stay there are 2 different things,nobody even expected us to be at the top of the division for any amount of time,so it's no surprise that we aren't there at the end.

If we haven't added the quality to get to the top at some stage,what does that say about teams who never got near the top at any stage?

It might say they had about a dozen injuries, most of them to key players. Oh yeah, United had an injury to a key player. :o