Kenny Dalglish Film (Hillsborough)

Here's a thought. Let's wait until the film is shown. That should clear it up for everybody.

Here's a thought. Let's wait until the film is shown. That should clear it up for everybody.

Assuming it will be filmed in the same spot.

Awww how cute.

Awww. Your irony gene has disappeared.

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 13:15 ----------

Assuming it will be filmed in the same spot.

Well it does suggest in the original post that it's already made.

Would there be any main road from the West that is on a hill that looks down to the football ground, and not that its a barely visible speck on the horizon?

I get the feeling that poetic licence has been used here to make the scene more poignant.

Guest makapaka
Well he was driving away from the ground and it says "he drove back across the snake pass to a hill outside Sheffield"

That makes me think it can't be in Sheffield.

See post #7

If he came in from Strines area via High Bradfield you can see ground from some points near Kirk Edge or poss top of Oughtibridge Lane (Jaw Bone Hill) or going reverse way if leaving the ground

Edited by waddy13

Just been listening to BBC 5 Live and they are doing a Kenny Dalgish special because there is a film coming out about him. The presenter, Tom Fordyce said that part of the film is naturally about that fateful day in April at Hillsborough. He goes on to say that in the film there is a bit where Kenny is driving home on the Snake Pass and he stops to look down at the Hillsborough Ground, now that got me thinking. I've lived in S6 for the last 20 years and I cant think where on the Snake you can see the Football Stadium. Any one know any better?

Was this on the same day as the tragedy ? I would have thought that the team manager would be on the team bus with the players.

It is interesting that so many native to Sheffield have great trouble identifying where Mr Dalglish would be able to view the Wednesday ground. In fact most areas identified would appear to be rather off the beaten track for a non-native and more especially for a non-native travelling back on the Snake Pass.

If he is supposedly travelling back on the Snake Pass, which begins at Ladybower reservoir, I would think it extremely unlikely for there to be anywhere he could 'look down at the Hillsborough Ground'. I suppose it may just be possible from the high point, of 1,680 feet (510 m) above sea level, to maybe see the glow of the lights but to be able to look down at the ground?

if he had gone up Holme Lane and missed the Rivelin road turn off he could have taken the Stannington road and may have seen it from up there He could have rejoined the A57 down Rails road

Guest makapaka
It is interesting that so many native to Sheffield have great trouble identifying where Mr Dalglish would be able to view the Wednesday ground. In fact most areas identified would appear to be rather off the beaten track for a non-native and more especially for a non-native travelling back on the Snake Pass.

If he is supposedly travelling back on the Snake Pass, which begins at Ladybower reservoir, I would think it extremely unlikely for there to be anywhere he could 'look down at the Hillsborough Ground'. I suppose it may just be possible from the high point, of 1,680 feet (510 m) above sea level, to maybe see the glow of the lights but to be able to look down at the ground?

The most affecting scene in the film sees Dalglish drive back across Snake Pass to a hill outside Sheffield. He parks his car, gets out and walks to a point overlooking the distant ground, unable to bring himself to go any closer

He's on his way into Sheffield, having come across the Snake Pass. There are various places on that side of Sheffield where you can see Hillsborough.

From Manchester Road at Crosspool, turn down Stephen Hill opposite the Sportsman pub, continue down to the junction of Long Lane and Bole Hill and there it is, a wonderful view of Hillsborough Stadium, been there many times that way ;)