Kenny Dalglish Film (Hillsborough)

Just been listening to BBC 5 Live and they are doing a Kenny Dalgish special because there is a film coming out about him. The presenter, Tom Fordyce said that part of the film is naturally about that fateful day in April at Hillsborough. He goes on to say that in the film there is a bit where Kenny is driving home on the Snake Pass and he stops to look down at the Hillsborough Ground, now that got me thinking. I've lived in S6 for the last 20 years and I cant think where on the Snake you can see the Football Stadium. Any one know any better?

Just been listening to BBC 5 Live and they are doing a Kenny Dalgish special because there is a film coming out about him. The presenter, Tom Fordyce said that part of the film is naturally about that fateful day in April at Hillsborough. He goes on to say that in the film there is a bit where Kenny is driving home on the Snake Pass and he stops to look down at the Hillsborough Ground, now that got me thinking. I've lived in S6 for the last 20 years and I cant think where on the Snake you can see the Football Stadium. Any one know any better?

I would say there is nowhere on the Snake Pass,that you could see the

The Wednesday Ground. Especially looking from a car.

Guest makapaka

I would imagine it means on one of the roads leading out to the snake.

I would say there is nowhere on the Snake Pass,that you could see the

The Wednesday Ground. Especially looking from a car.

Sorry,the clip did say he got out of his car to look.

I remember being able to see the floodlights when they were on from the A57 Manchester Rd just before you entered Crosspool (near the old Bell Hagg pub). Of course they were at the top of tall pylons then so no idea whether you'd still be able to see them now. Don't recall ever being able to make out the ground in daylight though.

And if you were heading to Hillsborough from the Snake Pass you'd turn off onto Rivelin Valley Rd towards Malin Bridge rather than go via Crosspool wouldn't you? Some artistic license being used here I reckon.

I would imagine it means on one of the roads leading out to the snake.

Ye I thought that but it said he got out of his car on the snake pass.

---------- Post added 16-11-2017 at 22:31 ----------

I Some artistic license being used here I reckon.

That was my first thought, we know they do it in films. I remember watching the film I.D from 1995 where there is a scene of them running down a gennel in Rotherham and coming out in London but this is a biography and you would assume it would be a bit more accurate.

Extract from the BBC webpage article:

The most affecting scene in the film sees Dalglish drive back across Snake Pass to a hill outside Sheffield. He parks his car, gets out and walks to a point overlooking the distant ground, unable to bring himself to go any closer

Having re-read this it looks like a description of his journey to the viewing point, which was possibly some way off from the Snake Pass.

Bole Hills would be my best guess.

Extract from the BBC webpage article:

Having re-read this it looks like a description of his journey to the viewing point, which was possibly some way off from the Snake Pass.

OK I get that, but where is the hiil? If its outside Sheffield he stands less a chance of seeing the ground.

Guest makapaka
OK I get that, but where is the hiil? If its outside Sheffield he stands less a chance of seeing the ground.

Could be anywhere around crookes, walkley, rivelin, crosspool, Stannington coming in from the a57 - depending on what route he took..

Could be anywhere around crookes, walkley, rivelin, crosspool, Stannington coming in from the a57 - depending on what route he took..

Well he was driving away from the ground and it says "he drove back across the snake pass to a hill outside Sheffield"

That makes me think it can't be in Sheffield.