Would You Ever Change The Team You Support

Sheri, its just a bit of fun...but honestly, answer me this question... if England had not qualified for the world cup, and Scotland did, who would you support? personally I would be screaming the jocks on. that's from an ex Italy supporter.

Sheri, its just a bit of fun...but honestly, answer me this question... if England had not qualified for the world cup, and Scotland did, who would you support? personally I would be screaming the jocks on. that's from an ex Italy supporter.

Not Scotland...:thumbsup:

My club has always been SWFC and like many on here of a similar age i went with my mates to watch the blades when we i could not get to see the Owls away,and they came to Hillsborough, but did i come out of the ground with a grin on my face when they lost,you bet i did. Nothing has changed infact some say i,m that blue i vote tory. Now that is going over the top.

Man Utd, Italy, Brazil and currently the local team that are doing really well. There appears to be a common theme? Glory Hunter?

My main-club is and always will be FC Groningen, for obvious reasons I can't really follow them now (Dutch football isn't a big thing here oddly enough) so when moving to Hillsborough I added Wednesday to the list of clubs I follow (now a list of 2!). But my main passion will always be FC Groningen. I am waiting for the day we meet in the UEFA or even better, Champions League, a man can dream!

Man Utd, Italy, Brazil and currently the local team that are doing really well. There appears to be a common theme? Glory Hunter?

Off my list.

I moved cities so I grew up with one team, had season tickets, went all through my younger years, feel a visceral sensation on hearing the club song etc etc.

Now I live here, have a family and a young lad and I want him to support his local team (we're 20 min walk from Bramall Lane) and have ended up supporting another team. I like following a team, going regularly, watching the progress of the players.

For those various reasons I can't and won't commit to going to see the team I grew up with. But in this house we support those two teams, but differently.

For me I say it's like, "Well, I love my mum and I always will. But then I met my wife and I love her too."

Apart from all that . . .

Didn't some Sheffielders used to go to see both teams?

Friends have told me that used to happen. People sometimes just want to watch football, and maybe this idea that you support/follow one team and it's all tribal hatred is something that's not always been there.

And then there is the fact that many people follow their team as an emotional thing while others are students of the game, interested in tactics, coaching, stats or whatever. I know a guy who's a W******** fan but regularly has a favourite team elsewhere (Europe usually) because he's interested in a tactical approach the manager is taking that season.

I find those who over-partisan and nothing else a bit one-dimensional, tbh

Yes, quite common for supporters of one team to go and watch the other team, whoever was at home that week. Definitely post war time and up to the late 60's I would guess.

Not sure if it was the same in other cities.

Nay, Nay and Thrice Nay.

You pick your team as a young un and stick by them. It would have been easy in the 70's to switch to a 'big' team but any fan worth there salt wouldn't switch, if they do I don't class them as true supporters be them Wednesday or United!

Nay, Nay and Thrice Nay.

You pick your team as a young un and stick by them. It would have been easy in the 70's to switch to a 'big' team but any fan worth there salt wouldn't switch, if they do I don't class them as true supporters be them Wednesday or United!

nay nay, and 10times nay...

what doe"s a young un know about football, young age he"s still learning about life. What your actually saying is , mad utd/owls dad brainwashes his son"s to follow his believes. let him grow up and make his own mind up.

Nay, Nay and Thrice Nay.

You do know Tango was a Wolves fan when he was younger, now a big wendy fan.

My point is people can move home and love the new one just as much if they want to, personal choice i suppose.

Whilst I personally agree with you I can see why some fans do this.

You do know Tango was a Wolves fan when he was younger, now a big wendy fan.

My point is people can move home and love the new one just as much if they want to, personal choice i suppose.

Whilst I personally agree with you I can see why some fans do this.

I stand by my views, Tango is an idiot and I haven't much time for him!

If for whatever reason I couldn’t support the Blades anymore then I think I would really struggle to follow anyone else. If I really had to then I think Sheffield FC could be an option but again, worlds oldest club or not, they’re not Sheffield United F.C. I’d still watch football highlights or games on the tv.