Edwin Gowers and son. Grocers.

There was a Gowers on Lowedges, the Magpie set of shops. Not sure if there was a branch at the terminus end of the estate.

Going off subject slightly - my memory of those shops were, Coop plus Coop butchers, Ditchfields, Gowers, Jacksons, Library (there until Greenhill library opened), Bennetts, Stringfellows (?), Chemists.

There was Gowers and Burgons at the corner of Staniforth Rd / Selborne St in Attercliffe.

Did any of you shop or work at Gowers? Mi Aunty Lily used to shop at the shop on Rural Lane on occasion

She might well have served me then in the 60's. Living in Wadsley village I was a regular in there....'ont pond' (why was it called 'pond')

Beeches shop, Fred Hurst Barbers too

Did any of you shop or work at Gowers? Mi Aunty Lily used to shop at the shop on Rural Lane on occasion

My wife (Brenda Bell) worked at Gowers on Chippinghouse 1957-1958

There was a Gowers on Lowedges, the Magpie set of shops. Not sure if there was a branch at the terminus end of the estate.

Going off subject slightly - my memory of those shops were, Coop plus Coop butchers, Ditchfields, Gowers, Jacksons, Library (there until Greenhill library opened), Bennetts, Stringfellows (?), Chemists.

After the library moved the shop became. Co-op wallpaper and paint shop, where I worked on Saturdays in the early 70s.

After the library moved the shop became. Co-op wallpaper and paint shop, where I worked on Saturdays in the early 70s.

Cannot remember the Co-op wallpaper shop. Jacksons started to grow and grow. Did they eventually take over that shop?

No, it was where the dentist now is.

There was a Gowers and Burgons on Ecclesall Road at Banner Cross think it closed in 60's or maybe 70's

There was a Gower & Burgons on the corner of Ellesmere Rd & Gower St Pitsmoor. I used to buy a ham hock from there and my mum would cook it.

I was the delivery boy for the store at the corner of Petre St and Lyon St,Pitsmoor (just)and delivered by handcart after school and Saturday there and into Grimesthorpe 1958-60 , more tips than wages.

I lived in Woodhouse Rd, Intake in the early 50's. There must have been a Gowers somewhere near the junction with Mansfield Rd as one of my mum's favorite stories concerned my sister creating chaos by pulling out one of the lower tins from a pyramid of tins.

There was a Gowers grocers on the junction of Crooksmoor Rd and Barber Road.

Further up Barber Road closer to Burns Road was another grocers called Shentalls does anyone know if they had branches elsewhere or was this their only shop?