Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

If they’re still rideable I will :)

At the very worst , if you cant ride em , you can weigh em in for scrap .

Good riddance to those bikes. See shoplifters and people on drugs riding around town centre on the yellow bikes on a daily basis. Just dumped all around the city making the place look a mess

Deep down this makes Sheffield look like a disgrace. This should of been a brilliant service and it’s been ruined due to the scrubbers.

It maybe that the problem is they did not take into account properly that Sheffield is very hilly.

The bikes were used a lot. Despite the hills.

Something like 50,000 journeys, made by 10,000 people.

The high usage demonstrated the disgraceful lack of safe cycle routes - if you wanted to use an ofo to get from a to b, you quickly found that you either had to deal with aggressive/ignorant drivers, or ride on the pavement. I can't blame anyone (the majority?) for choosing the latter.

I can understand why ofo would choose to take their bikes to London, where Safe cycle routes are being created. It makes total sense for them to consolidate their business in a city with a transport plan that's been updated since 1963.

Deep down this makes Sheffield look like a disgrace. This should of been a brilliant service and it’s been ruined due to the scrubbers.

Feel the same really embarrassing for us even though the company will not admit its down to the vandalism we all know it probably is(I doubt in their interests to publicly say this is the reason).

The high usage demonstrated the disgraceful lack of safe cycle routes - if you wanted to use an ofo to get from a to b, you quickly found that you either had to deal with aggressive/ignorant drivers, or ride on the pavement. I can't blame anyone (the majority?) for choosing the latter.

I can understand why ofo would choose to take their bikes to London, where Safe cycle routes are being created. It makes total sense for them to consolidate their business in a city with a transport plan that's been updated since 1963.

This is probably true, but it pains me whenever I see a cyclist on the pavement. A lot of the time it's really not necessary, if someone can't cycle safely on a relatively quiet road then they probably shouldn't be riding a bike anywhere near pedestrians.

Is there any published statistics on that? On the second point I entirely agree and as such could have been one of the factors they are pulling out. I have never seen many being ridden outside of the city centre as for longer journeys they seem a very uncomfortable ride with their hard tyres.

They'll be good after brexit, you'll be able to smuggle things in the inner tubes. You like smuggling don't you?

they have solid tyres - no inner tubes - just saying :hihi:

they have solid tyres - no inner tubes - just saying :hihi:

You dummy, you've given the game away. I was going to adopt mine with conventional tyres stuffed with snout.

A snapshot: this morning, I walked from Heeley to the town side of Granville Road. Just over two miles. On the way I passed four ofo bikes, all parked up in a considerate way.

Aside from a few minor scrapes, three of the bikes were clean, in good nick and with the lock attached. The fourth bike, however, was encountered in Norfolk Park, covered in mud and missing the lock and saddle.

I thought: “75% success.”

On the week it's announced Ofo are abandoning Sheffield, I've never seen so many of their bikes in town.

On the week it's announced Ofo are abandoning Sheffield, I've never seen so many of their bikes in town.

The mad rush to grab a few to weigh in for scrap before they disappear for good. :)