Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

I appreciate that the police don't work for Ofo, but you'd think that recovering stolen property was somewhat within their remit.

Rather sad, isn't it. The stolen bikes are incredibly easy to spot - they needn't get CID out!

When the council wants to cut down a tree for spurious reasons, the police send three dozen police officers, 6 vans, one CCTV van and set up a command room! Simply so they can damage the local environment.

In both cases the police are on the side of the vandals - either supporting or failing to deal with things that reduce the quality of life of living in Sheffield.

Im sorry but at a time when police funding is being cut to the bone the last thing I want them wasting time doing is running around town for the benefit of a private enterprise.

I don't understand your point Emma. If someone steals your bike would you like to the police to recover it (if they can quite clearly see it being ridden around of course)?

How is your property different to the property of a corporation?

If thieves steal a company van should the police recover that, or should they not act 'for the benefit' of the private company?

How about when it's a cashpoint being stolen, it's not owed by a person, it belongs to a company, so I guess you'd like the police to ignore that?

I don't understand your point Emma. If someone steals your bike would you like to the police to recover it (if they can quite clearly see it being ridden around of course)?

How is your property different to the property of a corporation?

If thieves steal a company van should the police recover that, or should they not act 'for the benefit' of the private company?

How about when it's a cashpoint being stolen, it's not owed by a person, it belongs to a company, so I guess you'd like the police to ignore that?

When they go and police a football match, do they do that for free?

Im sorry but at a time when police funding is being cut to the bone the last thing I want them wasting time doing is running around town for the benefit of a private enterprise.

Don’t worry they’ll not do that they’re too busy drinking coffee at McDonalds in Handsworth

Proving theft of an ofo bike being ridden around is virtually impossible.

The one dumped in the hedgerow next to Flouch roundabout is still there . Its been a month since it was dumped.

The one dumped in the hedgerow next to Flouch roundabout is still there . Its been a month since it was dumped.

How about reporting it to Ofo?

If it isn't vandalism (it clearly is!) then what on earth else is it? They kept saying how many people were using them so it can't be lack of popularity....

Sad times that Sheffield is so knuckle-dragging that this happens. Having said that I knew no one that regularly used them...but that was due to the unreliability of being able to find one!