Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

I suspect that Cllr. Scott is having a competition with Mayor Magid for the most vacuous pronouncement of the week.

Just said about them withdrawing from Sheffield on LN.

Apparently Jack Scott Cabinet member for transport and development has stated that OfO are pulling out of Sheffield due to Brexit. If that is so then why are OfO reported to be increasing and expanding their business in the London area? Are we to assume London is excluded from Brexit and will remain part of the EU :huh:

I suppose the decision has nothing at all to do with the continued extensive vandalism of the OfO stock of cycles in Sheffield then?

. ?

Isn't it sad that the hard of thinking appear to have ruined the scheme for those who found the bikes useful.

Apparently Jack Scott Cabinet member for transport and development has stated that OfO are pulling out of Sheffield due to Brexit. If that is so then why are OfO reported to be increasing and expanding their business in the London area? Are we to assume London is excluded from Brexit and will remain part of the EU :huh:

I suppose the decision has nothing at all to do with the continued extensive vandalism of the OfO stock of cycles in Sheffield then?

Have you got a source for that?

. ��

Isn't it sad that the hard of thinking appear to have ruined the scheme for those who found the bikes useful.

It depend on whether it is because of what you think..

Quote from the General Manager of OFO UK:

"We have experienced some vandalism and theft in Sheffield, but this is not the reason for this strategic decision to rationalize the business.”

It maybe that the problem is they did not take into account properly that Sheffield is very hilly. Notice the places where it has been a success such as Norwich, London and Leeds are fairly flat which suits these sort of bikes. I found that most of the legit people I saw riding them around town were being a menace to pedestrians. In a lot of cases they were riding them on pavements and not using cycle lanes, and then being dumped like litter anywhere they wanted. Drop a cigarette but and you get fined, dump a bike and it seems to be OK.

There is still one dumped in the grass at the side of the road next to the Flouch roundabout . Its been there a couple of months. :hihi::hihi:

what happens to the existing bikes?

Are the gonna be sold off cheap ?

Or is it finders keepers ?

what happens to the existing bikes?

Are the gonna be sold off cheap ?

Or is it finders keepers ?

If you wanna fish them out of the Don , id say they are all yours .

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 21:38 ----------

Bikes are going to be sent to London ! According to a radio interview

Are the staff riding them down there ?

If they’re still rideable I will :)

They'll be good after brexit, you'll be able to smuggle things in the inner tubes. You like smuggling don't you?