Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

Seen these yellow bikes here in Phuket and not one has been vandalised

I'm a keen walker and whenever I go on my adventures I usually spot many yellow bikes dumped in the woods. Usually in ponds/swampy bits.

Random employee who has to hunt for trackers in someones hedge, both knows, and shares corporate strategy with random person who comes out of house to talk to them...

I'm going to file that away in rumour and speculation.

Sad but inevitable.

I've seen a lot less bikes that a few months ago, and did wonder what was going on with them. The people of Sheffield clearly aren't ready for a scheme such as this yet....

I was thinking the same thing, you don't see many around now. I did see one trashed on Eastbank Road last night, looked to be covered in cut grass, so I don't know if the grass cutter had run over it, a shame really. :gag:

First they started smashing the lock/tracker off. But some were being stopped by Police as blatantly obvious had been misused. Now they are resorting to keep the lock on but disabling it so doesn’t look obvious. Often see them round town being ridden by the hoodie/trackie bottom scroats.

Did the police ever track down the flatbed that was seen driving off loaded up with them?

Hope they keep going- it's handy. But I tried to use one Saturday night and two nearest to train station just weren't there so I gave up. They could be handy on a number of occasions, but when you need one they just aren't there. Nothing official yet to say they're pulling out of Sheffield, so that is definitely filed under rumour and speculation.

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 12:47 ----------

First they started smashing the lock/tracker off. But some were being stopped by Police as blatantly obvious had been misused. Now they are resorting to keep the lock on but disabling it so doesn’t look obvious. Often see them round town being ridden by the hoodie/trackie bottom scroats.

Just interested how you can tell that the lock has been disabled but left on; could it be that despite wearing tracksuit bottoms and hooded top they have actually paid for the use of the bike properly?

Hope they keep going- it's handy. But I tried to use one Saturday night and two nearest to train station just weren't there so I gave up. They could be handy on a number of occasions, but when you need one they just aren't there. Nothing official yet to say they're pulling out of Sheffield, so that is definitely filed under rumour and speculation.

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 12:47 ----------

Just interested how you can tell that the lock has been disabled but left on; could it be that despite wearing tracksuit bottoms and hooded top they have actually paid for the use of the bike properly?

Quite, its stereotyping and should be removed the same as anything about gypsies is.

Paid....??? Use their hard earned dole money?? Better off investing in a razor, soap and some Daz.

Next time you are waiting an hour for an ambulance because they are busy treating the spiced up scroats then remember them on your Xmas card list

The dirty fingered and toothless brigade seem to be proud to cycle around the city centre on an ofo with missing lock - it feels like there is no deterrent to nicking one of these bikes at all.

I'm surprised they are as easy to steal as they appear; perhaps ofo didn't expect Sheffield to be such a light fingered city :/

Is it just me or is it only teenage boys who seem to use them?

In the short time that they've been out I don't think I've seen anyone over the age of 14 riding one.