Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

They have yet to turn a profit though haven't they? Any idiot can spend multiple billions, which is all they seem to be good at. Plus I CAN'T actually register the credit card directly with my phone. This is my biggest issue with them- their abject failure to fulfill a pretty basic m-commerce task!

Some areas in UK are profitable, others are in the investment stage.

Yes their app can be rather flakey.

Some areas in UK are profitable, others are in the investment stage.

Yes their app can be rather flakey.

No app for windows phones.

No app for windows phones.

Market share in 2018 0.81%, and microsoft have given up.

Don't expect to see anything new on the windows phone, it's dead. (Microsoft cancelled it in June last year if you missed the news).

---------- Post added 28-05-2018 at 10:19 ----------

They have yet to turn a profit though haven't they? Any idiot can spend multiple billions, which is all they seem to be good at. Plus I CAN'T actually register the credit card directly with my phone. This is my biggest issue with them- their abject failure to fulfill a pretty basic m-commerce task!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Are they a spoiled rich kids project.

There aren't that many spoiled rich kids with billions to burn on random 'projects' was my point.

The complete lack of support for BBC microcomputer is just incomprehensible.....

Anyway, I got them to accept my credit card using a different device, so problem may lie with combination of my card, my phone and the app.

Used for first time this morning. Dropped car off for repair on Rutland Road. Two bikes two minutes walk away according to map. Except there weren't. Walk to next bike. Not there either. Walk to next bike. Scan worked, except I didn't know where to enter the code. Lock was missing anyway so I just rode it. Reported it as damaged. When people ride round on ofo bikes without locks on, they aren't necessarily thieves, it's just that it's very difficult indeed to hire one legally and much easier to just grab one with the lock off!

This is a great idea, just not sure if ofo are there with the execution of their business plan yet.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

How did you report it as damaged, the bike number is only (that I could find) on the lock, and is required to report it.

From the link :

Three upstarts – Bird, LimeBike, and Spin – now face fines of $100 per day for every scooter that is left in a public right of way.

i wonder if that daily fine applies to private cars left on the pavement?

i wonder if that daily fine applies to private cars left on the pavement?

Parking your car on the pavement seems to be compulsory in Sheffield. Double points if you manage to park it so no wheelchair/pushchair could possibly get by. Triple if you drive one of those hideously massive 4 wheel drives that every fat, balding, middle age man in Sheffield seems to see as a badge of honour these days!

Parking your car on the pavement seems to be compulsory in Sheffield. Double points if you manage to park it so no wheelchair/pushchair could possibly get by. Triple if you drive one of those hideously massive 4 wheel drives that every fat, balding, middle age man in Sheffield seems to see as a badge of honour these days!

You need 4 wheel drive. Some of those kerbs are nearly 3 inches high.

You need 4 wheel drive. Some of those kerbs are nearly 3 inches high.

True. And it's the only way to ensure the entire pavement is blocked too, and that people have to walk in the road to get round.

True. And it's the only way to ensure the entire pavement is blocked too, and that people have to walk in the road to get round.

There's a magic ointment you can get that solves this. And best of all its free.

You just find some on the ground, left by a friendly dog, and then wipe it under the car door handles.

The next time you see the car it won't be on the pavement!