Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

Ahhh thanks for that!

Thought i was going mad :hihi: or maybe had a stalker..

It might explain why one was abandoned outside The Anvil last week then, the rider obvs decided he'd / she'd had enough and went for pint :D

There was one dumped next to a tree next to the Flouch roundabout at 8am this morning. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Can you only ride them on the pavement?

No, I suspect it is potentially illegal (apparently police use discretion) to ride them on the pavement as with all bikes. They should be used on the road if ridden by an adult and are probably too big for must children anyway.

Can you only ride them on the pavement?

I'd expect that a lot of people who are riding them rarely ride bikes, so feel more comfortable around town on pavements than sharing with motorists. If they were regular riders, they would likely have their own bikes. I might be wrong, but that seems logical to me.

I have seen some with seats missing, perhaps something sinister is happening?

I have seen some with seats missing, perhaps something sinister is happening?

Nothing more sinister than good old fashioned thievery!

Or perhaps "I'll take the seat with me, to guarantee the bike will be there when I get back"

Used one at lunch to go into town. They're still not charging oddly, although it's a bit hit and miss with the app. First one into town unlocked fine, but when I came to stop the hire, it wouldn't shut off on the app, until I re-started it. Tried to hire one for the way back, and although it scanned, it wouldn't unlock. I walked.

I assume they're free until they sort these teething issues out.

Used one at lunch to go into town. They're still not charging oddly, although it's a bit hit and miss with the app. First one into town unlocked fine, but when I came to stop the hire, it wouldn't shut off on the app, until I re-started it. Tried to hire one for the way back, and although it scanned, it wouldn't unlock. I walked.

I've had issues unlocking a couple of times. The main problem seems to be a dodgy bluetooth connection between the phone and the bike, but if you wait a minute or so the app should display a 4-digit pin which you can use to unlock the bike.

The other issue I've had is that bikes which have been reported as "illegally parked" are locked until someone from the company can come and check on them, which is understandable and wouldn't be a problem except that for some reason they still show up on the map.

The other issue I've had is that bikes which have been reported as "illegally parked" are locked until someone from the company can come and check on them, which is understandable and wouldn't be a problem except that for some reason they still show up on the map.

I've had this a couple of times - once on a bike that was actually left at a bike stand! A colleague has reported something similar. Almost makes me think someone who doesn't understand the system is reporting them as 'illegally parked', even when they're in a reasonable place.

I've got "coupons" in my app that seem to be keeping it free at the moment. Otherwise I'd have been charged for each one that didn't unlock yesterday evening, as the app didn't know that the lock hadn't worked...

I think I'll just go on my own bike next time!