Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

I think it’s a good idea, however I wish people would not leave them in the middle of the pavement, seen one near NGH tonight and a blind person nearly tripped over.

Like I wrote before, as kids we were shown a method of parking on the road at the kerb edge - wheels parallel to the kerb, bike leaning slightly towards the footpath, with left pedal moved round so that the pedal itself rested on top of the kerb stone....and there it was.

"Parked" and upright.

I think it’s a good idea, however I wish people would not leave them in the middle of the pavement, seen one near NGH tonight and a blind person nearly tripped over.

I think they've learned that behaviour from car drivers if there anything like the ones around our way ;-)

Ofo have a customer service email ([email protected]) and number 080810171141

for reporting bikes that show on the app but cannot be found. Reporting these missing bikes is a bit of a faff in that they tell you to relaunch the appt and then report back if there's a problem. You then have to take a screenshot of the location on the map. More than a week after reporting two 'ghost' bikes they are still showing on the app. It's a bit like looking for a geocache (i.e. no fun and pointless).

Yay! Loads more bikes have arrived and lots of people are riding them.

Yay! Loads more bikes have arrived and lots of people are riding them.

theyre trying to cover the areas formerly served by the university bikes, now defunct.

500 more have been put out I believe

They seem to have become a bit thin on the ground very quickly. Even with the new deliveries I've only seen a few parked up in the last week.

They seem to have become a bit thin on the ground very quickly.

There were over a dozen all neatly parked in a row outside Weston Park Museum main entrance late Thursday afternoon. I would have taken a picture but it was getting pretty dark at the time.

They seem to have become a bit thin on the ground very quickly. Even with the new deliveries I've only seen a few parked up in the last week.

I've seen a few (in various states of disassembly) advertised for sale on Facebook!

And there was at least one on the back of a scrap wagon i spotted the other day.

This is sheffield they will be in bits before long or in rivers or burnt out on manor park lol

This is sheffield they will be in bits before long or in rivers or burnt out on manor park lol

Is it Groundhog Day ?

2 bike's in the tongue gutter seen when out with dogs looks like someone has cut them up