Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

I saw one today on Penistone road. I thought it was abandoned but apparently that is what you do. Leave it visible for the next user.

Leave it for the next user fine.

But over the canal on Staniforth Road!!!

As somebody else said,it would probably work in a civilised country, but here they will just get trashed or stolen.Great idea in a perfect world.

How do you ever buy anything with your CC then?

Over my phone, I don't.

I saw one today on Penistone road. I thought it was abandoned but apparently that is what you do. Leave it visible for the next user.

That's another way of putting it, I call it littering the streets

Over my phone, I don't.

So it's your phone you don't trust, rather than companies not based in the UK?

---------- Post added 16-01-2018 at 07:36 ----------

You know the usual way.

Given up, surrendered, forsaken, given careless freedom.

So, you mean it's been parked, as it should be, where another user can pick it up and use it?

They don't have docking stations, when you're done, you park it up safely somewhere and it locks itself. It's not abandoned.

As somebody else said,it would probably work in a civilised country, but here they will just get trashed or stolen.Great idea in a perfect world.

I don't see that as a reason to not operate the scheme, otherwise we bring ourselves down to the level of the lowest common denominator.

Also concerned about the safety aspect as you riding without an helmet which isn't a good idea, and also who's to blame if you have an accident and injure your self or so,embody else due to some kind of fault on the bike from mis use from the previous rider.

Nobody is forcing you to ride without a helmet. It is up to you to be responsible for your own safety.

Similarly, it is up to you to inspect the bike before hand in order to make an informed decision on whether you can ride the thing safely. It is up to you to be responsible for your own safety.

Seen first one on back of a scrap mans van allready

I wonder if the scheme had similar initial problems in Oxford, Cambridge, Norwich & London?

Shame if this city got a reputation for such vandalism that new start up companies wouldn't consider us worthwhile to lauch their products & services.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-s-new-scan-and-go-bikes-damaged-and-abandoned-by-vandals-1-8959865

Not sure police should be spending a "considerable amount of time collecting the new ofo bikes that have been damaged or abandoned".

They shouldn't be spending ANY time doing that. They're a private company- let them do the collecting.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-s-new-scan-and-go-bikes-damaged-and-abandoned-by-vandals-1-8959865