Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

One outside Decathlon with no seat on it. Ive seen a good few been used today, great option for bus/train users if they work a decent walk away from the stops/station.

Can't complain till I've tried it.

Are you sure? Have you been on Sheffield Forum before? :hihi:

They seem very popular so far. Just a quick word of advice to users: YOU'RE MEANT TO USE THEM ON THE ROAD. Cheers.

Yeah, I've seen more people misbehaving on them than I see on regular bikes.

Wrong way up 1 way streets, on the pavement, etc...

Yeah, I've seen more people misbehaving on them than I see on regular bikes.

Wrong way up 1 way streets, on the pavement, etc...

I'd guess a lot of that is down to the novelty factor though. Once the novelty wears off, and the free rides run out, I'd be willing to bet you'll see a lot less of that

nice that the council have money to waste on crap like this but mugs like me do pay them over 35 quid every week in rates.

nice that the council have money to waste on crap like this but mugs like me do pay them over 35 quid every week in rates.

Have the Council contributed anything?

No, the council haven't contributed anything, it's a private company. Mugs like choogling don't have a clue what their taxes are spent on.

:loopy: Try getting your facts right before posting rubbish. Tell me how much the council has spent on this oh learned one.

Obviously the council deserve no respect or synpathy from anyone, and nees to be replaces asap.....but despite this, we can't have a go at them on this one. They contributed nothing to this.

Of course, you could make the argument that were the council even remotely competent they could have set up a scheme like this themselves, and made money from it. But that ofwould require some sort or organisation, foresight and reasonable attitude to trying new things in the city that aren't totally destructive. So they haven't done anything as usual.

Obviously the council deserve no respect or synpathy from anyone, and nees to be replaces asap.....but despite this, we can't have a go at them on this one. They contributed nothing to this.

Of course, you could make the argument that were the council even remotely competent they could have set up a scheme like this themselves, and made money from it. But that ofwould require some sort or organisation, foresight and reasonable attitude to trying new things in the city that aren't totally destructive. So they haven't done anything as usual.

Set up a scheme like this themselves? For what? To be hounded by critics and rent a gobs including many on this very forum for wasting dwindling public moneys on such wasteful and unnecessary white elephant. We all know that's what would happen.

I think the council have been perfectly competent for once - allow the scheme but let some other bugger put the money up and take the risk.

Set up a scheme like this themselves? For what? To be hounded by critics and rent a gobs including many on this very forum for wasting dwindling public moneys on such wasteful and unnecessary white elephant. We all know that's what would happen.

I think the council have been perfectly competent for once - allow the scheme but let some other bugger put the money up and take the risk.

Fair point. At least if this is a white elephant, it's some company that will lose out rather than us. Again.

I think there was scope for a TfL style bikes/docking station scheme though- but obviously time/money/effort would have to have been spent on ensuring it was run and well launched. In an ideal world of course, we'd have a council who we wouldn't have such little confidence and respect for that running something like is seen as potential disaster from the off!

As it stands though you're right- let some other bugger take the risk!