How much faster is broadband ??

What are you wanting to compare it to? DSL, a Modem?

depends what speed broadband you get

and the speed your connection will allow

and what you do with it

i.m not that knowledgable about it all... i have a modem and its dial up..had this computer about 8 years and never done any modifications...just plodded along with it.trouble is its so slow...so slow in fact i get so sick of waiting for it

Any broadband is better than dial up.I'm only on 512 tesco but couldnt go back to dial up its pants.:)

Broad band will be a lot faster than your dial up modem. You don't need a super computer unless your doing video intensive games, music, design etc.

i have a computer at work and all the internet pages come up quick...this gets slower and slower though i defrag it and i get rid of unwanted programmes...i keep getting offers from wanadoo to go to broadband but im a bit like the devil you know than the devil you dont...i keep hearing stories that its easier for hackers to get at your files on broadband...

You can still use your phone too..

Rough guide:- 1/2 mb broadband will be about 10 times quicker than dial up for downloading files from the internet. 1mb about 20 times faster etc.

Alot depends on what you are using it for because upstream speeds(i.e. sending files from your computer to somewhere else) are usually lower than the downstream (i.e. receiving files) speeds.

We've had ADSL for a few years now at The Towers - we got it almost as soon as it was available at the local exchange.

The speed thing is great - even our old computers are better on the Net - but just as good is the 'always on' side of it. I don't have to play around unplugging and plugging in modems, etc. It's just always available.

Of course, you pay more! I have the business option from BT - it's not the cheapest broadband available but suits me as it offered me a fixed IP address, which is useful for some aspects of my work.

I love it!

Been on Broadband now for about a month and would never go back to Dial Up. Saves my mum a fortune as well as she can now ring me on the landline rather than my mobile.

i keep hearing stories that its easier for hackers to get at your files on broadband...

Old wifes tale.Never had any problems.keep your antivirus/firewall/wincriticals up to date,Job done...:thumbsup: Also when I was on dial up I could only download at 3kbs on 512kbs I average about 35kbs...:thumbsup: