Are you a 'People Person'?

I’m not. I hate it when people try to do a small talk to me. I just don’t have that sort of brain what can handle it and I end up saying something in panic that I later gnash my teeth at. I end up feeling embarrassed at myself but also angry at the bantersaurus types for putting me in that position in the first place. I’ve had a few such bad experiences this week, e.g.

Woman serving my breakfast in the cafĂ© on Wednesday said “nice weather for the time of year”. It was early and I flew into a blind panic and blurted out “Well, Owain Wyn Evans stated quite clearly last night that a ridge of low pressure will sit directly above the southern part of the county tonight, so don’t be complacent”. She looked at me funny but did her job and gave me my toast and tomatoes.

Bloke at work said to me “Eyup pal. Doing owt nice this weekend?”. My face went bright red. As red as a Beak Root as they say. He’d put me on the spot and I just fell apart. “Yeah! Probably your mother pal!” I said. I think at the time it seemed quite ‘laddish’ to me and the young people of today like that sort of humour don’t they? Well so I thought. This guy just screwed his face up in such a fierce shape that I actually felt intimidated in my own workplace.

So I reckon I’m the opposite of what the OP is asking but we can all change. If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

Well your right about being a mixture of your mam and dad :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Ohh yeah!!!! :hihi:

---------- Post added 10-11-2017 at 11:42 ----------

I’m not. I hate it when people try to do a small talk to me. I just don’t have that sort of brain what can handle it and I end up saying something in panic that I later gnash my teeth at. I end up feeling embarrassed at myself but also angry at the bantersaurus types for putting me in that position in the first place. I’ve had a few such bad experiences this week, e.g.

Woman serving my breakfast in the cafĂ© on Wednesday said “nice weather for the time of year”. It was early and I flew into a blind panic and blurted out “Well, Owain Wyn Evans stated quite clearly last night that a ridge of low pressure will sit directly above the southern part of the county tonight, so don’t be complacent”. She looked at me funny but did her job and gave me my toast and tomatoes.

Bloke at work said to me “Eyup pal. Doing owt nice this weekend?”. My face went bright red. As red as a Beak Root as they say. He’d put me on the spot and I just fell apart. “Yeah! Probably your mother pal!” I said. I think at the time it seemed quite ‘laddish’ to me and the young people of today like that sort of humour don’t they? Well so I thought. This guy just screwed his face up in such a fierce shape that I actually felt intimidated in my own workplace.

So I reckon I’m the opposite of what the OP is asking but we can all change. If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

Hahahahahaaaaa :hihi: I'm sat howling here..

It really depends what mood i'm in.. There are days when i'll have all the time in the world and happily chat the ears off of someone and be sincerely interested in what they have to say and then there are days when i'm so busy, rushing around that i dont even give people eye contact!

I'm a mixture of my mum and dad.. My dad is definitely a people person, he's always jovial and will have a chat to absolutely anybody no matter what time of day or where he is.. My mum on the other hand hates the human race and barely tolerates her own family!!!![/QUOTE]

Find that comment funny. should I

Hi, ohmyword booked your holidays yet.

It really depends what mood i'm in.. There are days when i'll have all the time in the world and happily chat the ears off of someone and be sincerely interested in what they have to say and then there are days when i'm so busy, rushing around that i dont even give people eye contact!

I'm a mixture of my mum and dad.. My dad is definitely a people person, he's always jovial and will have a chat to absolutely anybody no matter what time of day or where he is.. My mum on the other hand hates the human race and barely tolerates her own family!!!![/QUOTE]

Find that comment funny. should I

Hi, ohmyword booked your holidays yet.

We all find it funny Padders :hihi: otherwise we'd cry!!

Always been a people person but my wife can struggle at first . Its the small talk that is important at first to fill the gap till you get on common ground with people . Most people on this forum seem to have the knack

Seriously, I get along with everybody, in fact I"ve just fallen in love with chelle"s mum.

Seriously, I get along with everybody, in fact I"ve just fallen in love with chelle"s mum.

She's like a female Jack Dee...

Not victor meldrew then?

She's an amalgamation of both!

Looks like an angel though..

She's an amalgamation of both!

Looks like an angel though..

So, you do take after your mum.

By that I mean a person who enjoys or is particularly good at interacting with others. I have to say, I'm not. Not because I don't enjoy peoples's company, but because I'm not particularly good with interacting with them. Whilst I am nice and polite, I just tend to feel awkward in social settings.

What about others on the forum?:)

I’m here!

I should be a salesman according to friends who say im a charismatic and suave man. A social butterfly with many a good yarn in my armament. :P

So, you do take after your mum.

No i'm the opposite! I look like i've been dug up from the pits of hell to fight for Sauron's army in Middle Earth..

But i'm really really really really nice to people though.....