What was or is the name of the pub and what did the locals call it.

"Victoria Hotel" Heeley Green was known as the "Roundhouse", it was across from Kermeen's Chemists, Woolhouse newsagent.

"Sportsman Inn" known as "Boilers Rest" Well Road, Heeley.

Thanks/

(Douglas Kermeen was my uncle.)

Over here in Skegness we have had a new pub open called the"12 oars"...alredy renamed by the locals as " The Whore House"

Thanks/

(Douglas Kermeen was my uncle.)

Small world, his daughter was at the same school as myself.

Small world, his daughter was at the same school as myself.

That would be Jean?

Her brothers were Robert and Paul.

It IS a small after all, I rarely get a connection on this forum.

All my old pals must be dead, or in jail! :)

"Victoria Hotel" Heeley Green was known as the "Roundhouse", it was across from Kermeen's Chemists, Woolhouse newsagent.

"Sportsman Inn" known as "Boilers Rest" Well Road, Heeley.

I heard that a few "naughty boys" hung out in the Roundhouse in the 70's. Apparently you could have a score settled for the right price, if you knew who to ask.

Foundry- Wincobank = Bockings

Norfolk Arms - Sussex Rd = Dodgers.

Suffolk Road not Sussex Road.

I heard that a few "naughty boys" hung out in the Roundhouse in the 70's. Apparently you could have a score settled for the right price, if you knew who to ask.

I wouldn't know about that. I left the area in 1970 but, have a relative who lives round there, I don't enjoy going to visit them.

I remember the Shakespeare on Well Road known as the "Shakie".

I remember all the Heeley pubs, I lived nearby and used to walk past them on a daily basis to school/work though I never had a drink in any of them, I'm teetotal!

trastick, yes, it was Jean, didn't they live up Norton Lees? I remember going to the G.P Dr.Ross Smith then going across to Kermeen's Chemist with the prescription.

I remember the White Swan in Greenhill being referred to as Napper's in the late 1950s

& early 1960s.

I wouldn't know about that. I left the area in 1970 but, have a relative who lives round there, I don't enjoy going to visit them.

I remember the Shakespeare on Well Road known as the "Shakie".

I remember all the Heeley pubs, I lived nearby and used to walk past them on a daily basis to school/work though I never had a drink in any of them, I'm teetotal!

trastick, yes, it was Jean, didn't they live up Norton Lees? I remember going to the G.P Dr.Ross Smith then going across to Kermeen's Chemist with the prescription.

Like you, I lived near all those pubs, but never went inside, once I was old enough to drink. We always went to town near the dance halls, City Hall, Locarno, Broadfield or the Elm Tree.

The Kermeens grew up on Shirebrook Rd, but moved around 1960 to Hollythorpe Rise to the old Farm House at the top of Meersbrook Park.

Like you, I lived near all those pubs, but never went inside, once I was old enough to drink. We always went to town near the dance halls, City Hall, Locarno, Broadfield or the Elm Tree.

The Kermeens grew up on Shirebrook Rd, but moved around 1960 to Hollythorpe Rise to the old Farm House at the top of Meersbrook Park.

Yes, I remember them being at the old Farm House. Meersbrook Park was one of my old stomping grounds in fact anywhere around Heeley/Meersbrook. No pubs in Meersbrook!

Beverleys Road

Think Paul worked at Tyzacks

Edited by Re-Enactor

Norfolk Arms,Ringinglow.....Roundhouse and we all know the Mucky Duck.