Renting stuff out for a job

Work is grinding me down. Seriously the daily hell of this whole thing is just not what I want in my life. So me and my friend was thinking it’d be a good idea to set up a new business renting things out to people in Sheffield and nearby places. Only trouble is we haven’t got nothing to rent out. This is where you people can help – we basically just wanna be chilled out dudes making an easy living just sitting down, drinking coffee and taking money from people as we borrow them our stuff. BUT WHAT STUFF? Stephen reckons surfboards would be the ultimate ‘cool guy’ thing but that would mean setting up near a river where people can surf such as Don or at Rother Valley.

ALL IDEAS WELCOME (and a free borrowing of one of our things for the best answer on here!)

Hiring out bouncy castles and stuff is a good money spinner.

Surfing is a little niche, to be mega chilled out you need to go mainstream before you go non-conformist.

Think about how many people in Sheffield go "I want a cup of tea"? Then, multiply that by the number of people who say "put the kettle on". What do you have?

A target market brewing my friend!

You rent the cups (come with tea), Stephen does the kettle!

Placards and posters etc. lots of protesters demonstrating, they need to get there message across. E.G. save our trees, carlos out, no more amey.

Build up a reusable stock of banners and make money.

Ladders. A couple of really good sets of ladders (in different sizes).

Hiring out bouncy castles and stuff is a good money spinner.

Just asked Stephen and he says his Mum won't let him keep the castles in her garden shed so that's a 'not starter' as they say.

Surfing is a little niche, to be mega chilled out you need to go mainstream before you go non-conformist.

Think about how many people in Sheffield go "I want a cup of tea"? Then, multiply that by the number of people who say "put the kettle on". What do you have?

A target market brewing my friend!

You rent the cups (come with tea), Stephen does the kettle!

This is a great idea Ed. Would it be a mobile tea service though or would we do it where we know people want drinks (e.g. outside Starbucks). It's on the list anyway so thanks lad!

Ladders. A couple of really good sets of ladders (in different sizes).

Ladders in 2017?? I suppose so. I'd never thought of that to be frank. We could have different coloured ladders too!

If that's your chosen money making concept I suggest you understand the difference between lend and borrow, particularly if you're intending to create a web presence.

Work is grinding me down. Seriously the daily hell of this whole thing is just not what I want in my life. So me and my friend was thinking it’d be a good idea to set up a new business renting things out to people in Sheffield and nearby places. Only trouble is we haven’t got nothing to rent out. This is where you people can help – we basically just wanna be chilled out dudes making an easy living just sitting down, drinking coffee and taking money from people as we borrow them our stuff. BUT WHAT STUFF? Stephen reckons surfboards would be the ultimate ‘cool guy’ thing but that would mean setting up near a river where people can surf such as Don or at Rother Valley.

ALL IDEAS WELCOME (and a free borrowing of one of our things for the best answer on here!)

Your new business is right there in your write-up...Rent nothing.

Set up on E-bay and rent, or just sell nothing posted out in a nice decorative box. Think of the millions of drunken idiots who E-Bay late at night and bid silly money for err, example a single corn flake with Padders face etched on it.

It’s money for nothing, or the price of a wee box.

Not renting, but selling......Air.

Sheffield Air, South Yorkshire Air, Derbyshire Air....

Air from near Little John's grave...Air from the Hope Valley...Air from the Botanical Gardens.

For a risky one, Air from near the Cholera Monument.

Wave a few cheap plastic bottles around, an' sell 'em to the Chinese.

Not a new idea - seriously! - but a few people have been very d̶e̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ successful at doing it.

p.s. You could even cheat and get it all outside your back door.....but who'd fall for that?

Let me know when you start renting out your surf boards, I really fancy going surfing somewhere local.

However I am a bit sceptical having been convinced to buy water skis and told I could use them at Rother Valley. They turned out to be a complete waste of money. Did you know that the lakes there are flat? How are you expected to ski down a flat lake :roll:

You could hire yourself out. Oh, no that wouldn't work. You want to make money don't you? :hihi: