Lack of respect for Funeral Procession

I was gonna start a new thread with this problem but thought it would do well to post as part of this thread.

My partners great uncles funeral was today he passed away last week due to cancer, his wife died 3 months ago.

Anyway my partners mum went to local housing to explain the situation as they had a rented bungalow, she being the closest blood relative. As he died on the Saturday, benefits would stop. The housing said they would be charged full rent on the Monday, & implied it would now be her responsibilty, she herself is on benefits due to ill health.

She is now coping with grieve & the worry of having to pay a week or 2 full rent for her uncle.

I can't believe the council can't have the sympathy to wipe this off.

I told her she should tell them to sue him????

What an ass!

Overtaking is fine as long as you can do the whole procession in one go.

I don't know where you got that idea from. It's totally disrespectful to the deceased and the mourners. It may be legal but it's not worthy.

Also am I the only one that finds it the very worst of bad taste that an examiner would regard showing respect for a cortege, "failing to make progress" and fail someone on their test. Disgraceful behaviour :|

I'd just like to add that his attitude absolutely "SUCKS" :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I'm suprised this blokes still in business

Dynamicdebs/

I was gonna start a new thread with this problem but thought it would do well to post as part of this thread.

My partners great uncles funeral was today he passed away last week due to cancer, his wife died 3 months ago.

Anyway my partners mum went to local housing to explain the situation as they had a rented bungalow, she being the closest blood relative. As he died on the Saturday, benefits would stop. The housing said they would be charged full rent on the Monday, & implied it would now be her responsibilty, she herself is on benefits due to ill health.

She is now coping with grieve & the worry of having to pay a week or 2 full rent for her uncle.

What an ass!

__________________Just tellem to sodoff, I'm sure the media would be very interested if they started threatening you.

on the way to a relatives funeral today the procession was cut into by a van being driven by a local butcher who i know has a shop on margetson crescent although i wont name it .he left a gap and as i passed and looked across so he could see we were part of the funeral he put his foot down and nearly took the front of my car as you can imagine i was upset and later my daughter went to ask him why he had done this his reply was as far as he was aware it wasnt illegal to cut into a funeral and they dont have right of way well he is correct but i would have thought that a little patience under the circumstances would have been appropriate he then went on to say if we thought hed broken the law phone the police otherwise basically get lost

well i wont be shopping there again and all i can say is he upset the family quite alot lets hope that one day he will see the error of his ways :rant:

This is dreadful. I think going into the shop quietly and letting people know that you have heard of what has happened might be the appropriate solution. He should have a chance to respond, and if he doesn't apologize at this juncture, then he clearly has some issues. At the very least, he should be made aware that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable to most of his customers. I think prank calling or some of the other cruelties mentioned places one in his league, unfortunately. :-)

Dynamicdebs/

What an ass!

__________________Just tellem to sodoff, I'm sure the media would be very interested if they started threatening you.

I'm surprised the council didn't demand a months advance notice of his intent to pass away! that is out of order, and so callous of them. (she needs to ask the housing benefits for exeptional circumstances assistance, for help to cover at least part of the rent)

PT

I can’t see anyone having any traffic problems when I go. I’ve already stipulated that I’d prefer to be driven at breakneck speed and thrown into the hole as quickly as possible. I have a thing about punctuality, you see. Never was late for work or meetings, and don’t intend to miss my slot in heaven, just for the sake of a motorcade of 10mph vehicles strewn out for miles behind the hearse. And I don’t want anyone to doff their cap, either. A quick stood-to-attention salute will do, town hall flag at half-mast and a flow of tears from all the Councillors when they realise they’re losing a council-tax payer.

Actually, now that my area has heaven-alone knows how many environmental dustbins into which we must put specific items, I think I’ll write to find out which would be the suitable receptacle for my remains.

Recycling me would save a hell of a lot on burial fees!

What an ass!

I think you should start a new thread.. this thread sort of diedwithout anyone commenting much on your problem :)

my son in laws an undertaker,they cut in with them too,its awfull,:loopy: my dad used to take his hat of and stand till they went passed.

what is amazing about this is how many others seem to have had similar experiences it is a sad state when so many people are in such a rush or simply cant be bothered to give a few minutes thought for others at a time when they are at their lowest i saw the person in question the other day although trying to avoid him so i didnt end up arrested i ran into him locally in another shop and as i was being dragged away by my other half i explained to him in my own vocal way what i would like to do to him i later phoned the shop he was in and appologised for my behaviour but was told by the shopkeeper it was ok as she had heard what had happened and understood my feelings i later found out his response was that as far as he was concerned he still believed hed done nothing wrong well all i can say is the fewer people in this world like him the better

Satisfy yourself that one day he will get what he is due.

No one will cut into his funeral procession because nobody will attend!