Does anybody else like winter

I was just wondering if anybody else likes winter?

We have a woodburner that becomes an ornament in the summer months.

Personally I love having a glass of mulled wine and some roasted chestnuts infront of a woodburner.

I love summer too, I just think that I like the difference of seasons here in England.

ps it's not a christmas thing because I am working it all this year. :(

Not really, as I feel the cold a lot, and my hands go numb quite often. I'm not looking forward to spending Christmas or my birthday on my again either.

I love winter, it is the best season as far as I am concerned. I really miss proper frost and snow.

the first 18months of winter are ok, after that it does begin to drag a bit...

(gloomy, damp, and muddy, for months on end)

Edited by ads36

One of the gripes I have heard from a few Australians we know is that you never get time to rest and just do nothing because if the weather is always nice somebody always wants to do something and I have also heard people in Los Angeles and similar places say that they miss the seasons and I think I would too.

How anybody can actually like winter is beyond me, cold, miserable dark nights, I put up with it, and look forward to spring.. give me the summer months everytime.

Not really, as I feel the cold a lot, and my hands go numb quite often. I'm not looking forward to spending Christmas or my birthday on my again either.

Saying that, it hasn't stopped me from just buying some Christmas chocolates, to start eating later today!

Saying that, it hasn't stopped me from just buying some Christmas chocolates, to start eating later today!

See its not all doom and gloom.

Don't like winter at all . Find it a messy time nothing outside looks tidy , bit better on bright days like today but generally not for me .

How anybody can actually like winter is beyond me, cold, miserable dark nights, I put up with it, and look forward to spring.. give me the summer months everytime.

Totally with you on that one Padders!

---------- Post added 08-11-2017 at 10:50 ----------

See its not all doom and gloom.

At least Glasgi's not been on here yet with his inventive ways to keep warm, lol.:hihi:

I worked outside for the last 15yrs of my working life never got used to winter

Days like today are nice. Cold, but sunny and dry.

Days like yesterday are just grim, cold, raining and gloomy.

Then again in the summer you get plenty of days that are raining and dull, we barely had a week this year when you could sit in the garden with your shirt off.