Re smuggling tramadol tablets into Egypt

Tramadol would appear to be a drug of choice amongst Middle East extremists.

This illustrates why it is not treated as a slight 'mistake' by the Egyptian authorities.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/03/italian-police-intercept-tramadol-haul-isis-libya

Blimey, that's an eye opener.

---------- Post added 26-12-2017 at 13:11 ----------

The silly women got off lightly.

After reading cgksheff's post I go along with that.

The silly women got off lightly.

Silly women is a fair label for women. It beggars belief a adult could be so stupid. I hope the woman can be transferred to a British prison.

Silly women is a fair label for women. It beggars belief a adult could be so stupid. I hope the woman can be transferred to a British prison.

Why should we have to pay for her illegal act? I hope she stays where she is.

Why should we have to pay for her illegal act? I hope she stays where she is.

If she had been caught with heroin, then I would agree with you. The women didn't think she was doing any wrong and made a mistake. There are many non UK people in UK prisons ,which as a taxpayer you'll fund. Have some compassion for a silly woman.

After just watching the news I am still unsure what she is charged with.Is importation of a banned substance or is it smuggling in a large quantity of a controlled medication???

The media says its banned ,yet other reports say Tramadol can be obtained over the counter in Egypt.Even in England Tramadol is under prescription but apparently they were not prescribed for her. Her family say that it is unfair that she gets three years for trying to help someone.

I would say in my opinion that she is charged with smuggling and more than probable down to the quantity that were found on her.

Then the comments from the Labour MP cracked me up by him stating that due to the lack of compassion from the Egyptian authorities it could cost them in holiday makers.

A few years ago those Scottish chancers got away with it which was a total travesty. As far as I am now concerned this woman from Hull is guilty and deserves her incarceration.See her in three years.

No sympathy at all . The one thing I haven't heard is where she got these tablets from . Also agree about the MP trying to gain votes ,by making it political

She has got three years, her so called boyfriend should have got ten years for asking her to bring them, he probably knew what the penalties where, its the recreational drug of choice apparently in Egypt.

No sympathy at all . The one thing I haven't heard is where she got these tablets from . Also agree about the MP trying to gain votes ,by making it political

What do you think her motives were for taking this drug in to Egypt? It certainly was't for financial gain, which is the main motive of a drug dealer.

What do you think her motives were fore taking this drug in to Egypt? It certainly was't for financial gain, which is the main motive of a drug dealer.

How do you know she wasn't gaining financially ?

How do you know she wasn't gaining financially ?

I don't know any thing about the case other than I have seen in or heard in the media. My personal thoughts are the woman wasn't at the front of the queue when brains were being given out.

I don't know any thing about the case other than I have seen in or heard in the media. My personal thoughts are the woman wasn't at the front of the queue when brains were being given out.

You said "it certainly wasn't for financial gain " ??? Ignorance is not an excuse

Ignorance is not an excuse

bloody nora, i know its christmas and all.....but again we agree on someat :o