PPI, Anyone Had A Payout

2 hours ago, desy said:

Yes I have had 2 payouts .But please remember that also 20% tax is taken out by the inland revenue. Therefore if you were previously working when you paid it out originally you can claim it back from HMRC.

The interest portion is taxed.

You can claim it back if you haven't gone over your allowance for earning interest free on savings, which is either £1000 or £500 if you're into the higher tax rate.

And here's the form to reclaim it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/income-tax-claim-for-repayment-of-tax-deducted-from-savings-and-investments-r40

6 hours ago, pattricia said:

Can you claim on behalf of a deceased person ?

I think you can if you were the executer

I had a few car loans back in the 90s and not sure who they were with so I think I will try one of the companies that do it for you as I can't remember who the loans were with. Has anyone any recommendations which company to use or who not to use?

Anyone give the contact details for  "the claims guys" please 

Sorry if theres a thread already on this but I can't find it. 

I put in a PPI claim through a company

(Yes I know you can do it yourself,) in 2017 and still awaiting for the money.

I was told it's been agreed in August, but could be another month due to the sudden amount of claims before the deadline.

Is this a normal waiting time?

That seems a long time to me. I did it in late 2017 and it was all done and paid out in a couple of months. Someone I know put a claim in just before the deadline, was told it had been accepted then when they queried it later was told that they'd been so busy that it hasn't been processed. Consequently it was too late to pursue the claim. I'd check with the company of I were you 🤞

3 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

That seems a long time to me. I did it in late 2017 and it was all done and paid out in a couple of months. Someone I know put a claim in just before the deadline, was told it had been accepted then when they queried it later was told that they'd been so busy that it hasn't been processed. Consequently it was too late to pursue the claim. I'd check with the company of I were you 🤞

I did it's them that told me about the delay. It should have been paid by September 

When I asked about their 35% charge they dropped it to 20%, saying they could have done more to sort it out quicker.

It will be about a month because of all the last minute claims 

Every week they text me asking if I've received it yet. They won't want to wait for their share. 

Yes they're very quick off the mark when it comes to claiming their commission. 🤑