PPI, Anyone Had A Payout

We recently gave the go ahead to Solicitors to examine our old accounts and identify if the dreaded PPI was involved. It's on a no win no fee jobby, so there is nothing to lose. 30% of the "win" would go in fees though.

Just a thought, anyone been successful in the attempt to reclaim PPI.

Angel1.

Cancel the solicitor and do it yourself

Yep, it is far easier than you might think, i helped my mother reclaim via the template letters on the Martyn Lewis money saving expert page, no fees and 11k better off,

After you think you have been through all your cards, mortgages etc. yourself it is worth using a PPI company as they can find things out you may not be aware of e.g. company A had no PPI on their product but they had taken over a product from company B which did. A PPI refund was paid on the company B product and a no liability payout. The PPI took their cut on the PPI refund but not the other part.

We recently gave the go ahead to Solicitors to examine our old accounts and identify if the dreaded PPI was involved. It's on a no win no fee jobby, so there is nothing to lose. 30% of the "win" would go in fees though.

Just a thought, anyone been successful in the attempt to reclaim PPI.

Angel1.

Worst piece of advice ever. Never ever go to a third party to look into PPI for you if they demand a fee if you win.

If you're a member of Unite like I am, they are offering a FREE service where they find out if you're affected. If the answer comes back as a "yes", then they will hand over all the evidence they have discovered so you can then make the claim yourself and get to keep all the compensation.

do you need to take out life insurance to enable you to get your ppi payment sent to you.

No, I don't have life insurance and doubt i'd ever get it.

IGNORE THIS INFO - UNSURE

Edited by Itrytoplease
wrong info.

No. I've had some PPI payments and some still ongoing and have no life insurance.

No. I've had some PPI payments and some still ongoing and have no life insurance.

I have just received money for 2 claims yesterday. As above I have no life insurance either.

Angel1.

Hi,

Just wondered did anyone purchase a car on finance from Peugeot dealership in Sheffield in or around 2005?

I bought a car from the old Ecclesall Road branch and was told I needed PPI for the finance to be agreed. Problem is I can't for the live of me remember who the finance company was? I was half thinking it may have been Black Horse, but cannot be sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's often several different finance companies to choose from so you'll need to do more digging yourself.

It should be logged on your credit history. I think you can view it for free via Experian.

View your credit report info is all there