Quarry vale rd newts

Does anyone know if the flooded quarry is still there, as kids in the early 60s we used to climb down there and catch newts in our fishing nets bought from the basegreen shops, the prized catch was a black and yellow crested newt.there was a submerged car and we used to jump from the edge onto its roof, none of us could swim but we never fell off, im sure some kid did drown there , just wondering if lts still there or been filled in

Don't think it's still there.i remember a boy drowning somewhere around 1960 ish,his surname was Rollett and he lived on jaunty crescent.

Does anyone know if the flooded quarry is still there, as kids in the early 60s we used to climb down there and catch newts in our fishing nets bought from the basegreen shops, the prized catch was a black and yellow crested newt.there was a submerged car and we used to jump from the edge onto its roof, none of us could swim but we never fell off, im sure some kid did drown there , just wondering if lts still there or been filled in

Would they be allowed to fill the quarry, as the Crested Newt is protected

I used to catch newts there too and take them back to the old Belfast sink in our garden on the Basegreen estate. I'm not local any more but i think that its an industrial estate now.

Google maps shows an area of water near to where you mention. Actually called Quarry vale Grove?

Just googled it, it is now an industrial estate (Birley Vale Ave). The entrance is off Birley Moor Rd. The ponds were fed from the Shirebrook.

Think youve got the wrong place birley moor rd is miles away its near the centre spot pub in basegreen and yes the name rollit rings a bell

Think youve got the wrong place birley moor rd is miles away its near the centre spot pub in basegreen and yes the name rollit rings a bell

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Quarry+Vale+Rd,+Sheffield+S12+3ED/@53.3480167,-1.4145702,279m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48799d2fb4ad99cb:0x7e16e16a58993c85!8m2!3d53.3481709!4d-1.4131565

Edited by only_me

No i'm definitely correct, I did'nt say it was on Birley Moor Rd, I said that the industrial estate which is now in the quarry (hence quarry vale) is accessed from Birley Moor Rd. The quarry was across what is now the football pitches to the rear of Quarry Vale Rd. If you look for 'Shepherd distribution services' on the google earth view, that is the industrial estate where the quarry was.