Why couldn't / can't my Yotube videos get views?

Hello long time no post,

My forgotton Youtube never really got any views on some good videos I made a long time ago one got over 100k the most unexpected one lol of a bird chirping but most of them didn't even get 1000 views

I put all the tags you could think of and especially at the time trending tags when I uploaded them

heres one I thought wouldve done better

It has had various titles over the years rescue dog was done a couple of months ago but gained not a lot...

There's a whole minefield of things to consider when uploading a YouTube video, if you're targeting for number of views..

you uploaded the video you linked in 2010, and the way in which videos are found and rated and managed etc has changed numerous times since then...

If you are wanting to upload a video now, and target a large number of views, the best thing to do is fully tag it, add captions/subtitles, write an accurate but not too long description, and make sure the tags are repeated in the description in some fashion..

Past that, all you can do is share it to friends and ask them to share, the more views it gets, the more popular YouTube thinks it is, and the more people it will suggest it to etc, thumbs up count GREATLY towards a videos reputation nowadays, as does subscribers, one brings the other, and you just need that first push...

Hello thanks for the replies but swarfendor43 I don't really get yours looked at that thread and it meant nothing? am I missing something on there?

Hello thanks for the replies but swarfendor43 I don't really get yours looked at that thread and it meant nothing? am I missing something on there?

From that link:

"When I read the linked article and a few searches as well then it just doesn't look good. I have already noticed with Youtube for example that when you search for something you get what they want you to watch because that is what makes them the most money. I have used some of my own video titles copied and pasted and still cant find them and the search result titles displayed is nothing like, not even close to the terms that was searched for."

Have you tried to promote the video so that it can reach to more viewers. Like proper promotion such as SEO and Social media promotion.