NHS Dentist - Issues with crown

Basically I had a crown put in many years ago and over time it seems to have shifted, creating a gap between the upper two teeth.

I asked him if it's possible to shift it back again and he basically said no. It seems to be cemented down and wondering if it may be too much work for him.

I'm also getting pain now and again under that crown. Would it really be that difficult just to replace it and start afresh?

Thanks.

change your dentist? and pay the going price for cosmetic treatment simple.

I would definitely change dentist or ask to see a different dentist in your dental surgery.

A crown can't be put in braces, what you are asking for is probably a lot more complicated than you realise.

Is your crown fitted to what's left of the original tooth or to a pin?

Basically I had a crown put in many years ago and over time it seems to have shifted, creating a gap between the upper two teeth.

I asked him if it's possible to shift it back again and he basically said no. It seems to be cemented down and wondering if it may be too much work for him.

I'm also getting pain now and again under that crown. Would it really be that difficult just to replace it and start afresh?

Thanks.

The dentist didn't place the crown on properly. Crowns shouldn't shift like that. You should be able to get a bridge fitted on the nhs instead of paying privately. They're quite expensive if you go private.

Either change dentist or complain to your practice in writing.

Tbh, I'd just have it taken out and replaced with a much better crown to have the gap filled. Crowns shouldn't shift peoples teeth and leave gaps in the middle of your teeth.

I've just been through something like this. Decay of the remainder of the tooth the crown was fixed to caused the crown to shift.

Did the dentist x-ray it?

Is your crown fitted to what's left of the original tooth or to a pin?

I can't actually remember. It's been that long. And in response to another poster, the dentist did take an X-ray of the crown. I've got an appointment next week and we'll see how that goes.

One more thing; how easy would it be to 'un-cement' the crown?

I can't actually remember. It's been that long. And in response to another poster, the dentist did take an X-ray of the crown. I've got an appointment next week and we'll see how that goes.

One more thing; how easy would it be to 'un-cement' the crown?

Easy for a dentist

Should've taken out gap insurance.

Made me laugh, to be honest.

Angel.:D: