Accounts software running on DOS

Looking for an old stand alone PC with 3.5in floppy drive that I can run some old Sage software on. Bigger the drive on the PC the better! PM with details if you have any scope to assist. Many thanks!

Why not use virtual machine? Runs dos 6.22 with no problems.

Virtual machine won't have a real 3.5" floppy though.

Virtual machine won't have a real 3.5" floppy though.

:) forgot about that, however, there are USB 1.44 floppy drives, but then, again, getting one of that to work in VM would in pain in the a..

Its doable, but better to set up real dos machine.

I might have a USB 3.5" drive that I'd be willing to let go for a very (very) small amount of money. I'll have a look in the morning if you're interested?

Appreciate the replies.

I run an old version of Sage accounts at work. It's fine for my needs but am looking for another standalone PC to act as a backup computer should my VERY old AMD K6 pc call it a day. (Still going strong after 20 years !!) Also needs a 3.5 floppy drive.

Is there any chance you could 'fake' the disc? Perhaps image the disc and have the software run from that? Or trick it into using a network disc that is mapped to A or B?

Appreciate the replies.

I run an old version of Sage accounts at work. It's fine for my needs but am looking for another standalone PC to act as a backup computer should my VERY old AMD K6 pc call it a day. (Still going strong after 20 years !!) Also needs a 3.5 floppy drive.

does your computer have a floppy drive connector on the motherboard, because I might have a spare floppy drive and cable back at the office, but I can’t check until next Monday.

What version of Sage are you using? I remember Sage Line 50 came on floppy disk. . . I might have the installation media for that too.

If you’d asked me last year, I would’ve had several Compaq Deskpros available with Pentium 3 CPU.

Try contacting Aspire IT in Parson Cross, I send them all my obsolete hardware, working or not

Edited by The Joker

I have a floppy drive on a mini itx system, it's all there but been in the attic awhile so i need to check it. If you're interested let me know and i'll dig it out.

I remember having it running DOS from an SD card plugged into the IDE socket.