Meadowhead blocked 01/11/2017

Anybody knows why Meadowhead is blocked of with the Police?

Accident at the roundabout. Buses are diverting via Bocking Lane/Abbey Lane. Big traffic jams at Woodseats. Avoid if you can!

Guest sibon

Those roadworks make that roundabout very difficult and dangerous.

Trying to get to Dronfield from Morrisons, Police van was turning cars back to Woodseats finished up going through Millhouses and up Twentywell Lane to get home took 20 mins, I'd probably be still at Meadowhead with the queue that was forming. Hope nobody is seriously hurt. That roundabout is ridiculous why it isn't traffic light controlled?? especially near a major school :loopy:

Accident with motorbike and car lower down near charles ashmore rd,hope all involved are ok.

Those roadworks make that roundabout very difficult and dangerous.

It can be difficult to negotiate but doable with care.

Nothing to do with tonight's accident, but the time the work is taking on the roundabout is ridiculous. Apparently Britain has a productivity problem. This job could well be considered to illustrate the point.

Nothing to do with tonight's accident, but the time the work is taking on the roundabout is ridiculous. Apparently Britain has a productivity problem. This job could well be considered to illustrate the point.

whos doing the work ?

correct me if i m wrong but this incident wasn t on a roundabout was it? was it not below greenfield road? hope everyone is ok x

I know accidents can happen anywhere but that island is very dangerous at the moment , with the road works . Every day the cones seem to be in a different place . Two cars in front of me last week went through the wrong set of cones and end up meeting a jcb . Be very careful if you have to use it.

its a horrible problem at meadowhead and will get worse with the new large shopping centre opening in 2018,

Hi Yoda,

Yes the accident was down from Greenfield Rd. I guess there could have been an accident on the Roundabout later too? The original was 6ish.