Opinions wanted on sensitive issue

were the workers Asian ?

On second thoughts, don’t answer that.

Are you Asian ?

On second thoughts, don’t answer that either.

Because if the workers are Asian, they’re insensitive and should be sacked

However, if you’re the Asian, then you’re clearly a snowflake who can’t take a joke

I was made to feel that I had made a big thing out of nothing and wondered if anyone has any views on this.

You want him to lose his job over a joke? How pathetic are you?

Did you throw them out before or after they'd finished doing all the work you wanted???

You did the right thing. If someone did that in my house, regardless of what they were there for, they'd get tossed as well. If you feel that you don't get an appropriate response, take it up the ladder - I assume they were council employees, they should behave professionally and responsibly.

Go on I"ll do it for you chelle.:hihi:

Go on I"ll do it for you chelle.:hihi:

Yeeees hahaha :thumbsup::hihi:

You did the right thing. I would also throw out anyone who says "Allahu Akbar" in my house :D

Sensitive wee souls on here aren't we, putting someone's job at risk over a tasteless joke.

See post #2.

Jokes between friends who have a bit of history between them is one thing but with a complete stranger a bit of care should be taken . Think I would have had a word with them if it offended me without going to boss .

No i'm not Asian and neither was the workman. The worker was a from a company that I won't name but he was carrying out work on behalf of Keepmoat who are doing work for sheffield homes. I can take a joke but I personally know someone who has been affected by the terrorists so it is something that I won't tolerate as it is a matter close to my heart.

Just think people should have respect when they are in your home.

No i'm not Asian and neither was the workman. The worker was a from a company that I won't name but he was carrying out work on behalf of Keepmoat who are doing work for sheffield homes. I can take a joke but I personally know someone who has been affected by the terrorists so it is something that I won't tolerate as it is a matter close to my heart.

You say in your opening post that you were made to feel like you made a big deal over nothing - but you are now saying you wont tolerate it as its a matter close to your heart so it isnt nothing is it..

Sensitivity and insensitivity are two teams on same field. It is a neverending game. When rules are broken justice is called for. Only way to really stop it is by stepping of the field.

JD1EVIE66 - who made you feel like you were making a ‘big thing out of nothing’? Did you explain about your personal reasons for this? It might have helped that person to understand your position.

It sounds as if this was black humour, which is a common way of dealing with unpleasant things - definition. Did you overreact? It is a matter of opinion but I would say yes. The men probably did not mean to offend and may well not have done so if they understood the human cost of terrorism. Also, this incident was not serious enough to threaten a man’s livelihood and ability to provide for his family. Did you not think that he could have lost his job over this?

You could have quietly explained your personal involvement and asked them to desist. You would have got your point across and those men would have learned something from you. As it is, you have made the situation worse by reporting them. They have learned nothing and may well be even more resentful of the ethnic group from which the terrorists come.

Edited by Jomie