The new Sheffield Ikea discussion.

You're just nit-picking or at least being pedantic Cyclone.

Signs on the roof show me the way in supermarkets - (if I don't know it).

If I want milk, I look for the sign and follow the fastest route, and don't need to walk around 10 aisles with tins, frozen, etc. to find said milk.

Signs mean that I don't need an app of website to look first before shopping there to find the optimum route to the milk.

-

as it happens :D, I don't drink milk. I'd be looking for signs for the bogs if I did :hihi:

Your comparison doesn't work. Buying milk in supermarket is something very different from looking for right matching lamp in dining room.

He said that he already knew what lamp he wanted to buy. Perhaps you should read the thread more closely. His problem was that he didn't know where to get it from within the store, much like not knowing where to get any item from in any store you've never been in before.

---------- Post added 06-11-2017 at 22:08 ----------

You're just nit-picking or at least being pedantic Cyclone.

Signs on the roof show me the way in supermarkets - (if I don't know it).

If I want milk, I look for the sign and follow the fastest route, and don't need to walk around 10 aisles with tins, frozen, etc. to find said milk.

Signs mean that I don't need an app of website to look first before shopping there to find the optimum route to the milk.

-

as it happens :D, I don't drink milk. I'd be looking for signs for the bogs if I did :hihi:

You walk into Tescos, there is no sign to the milk.

You might have to walk across most of the store before you find the correct aisle, and the stores are of course much smaller than ikea.

Ikea though, you (should) have known that the lamp would be in the lighting area, you can go straight to that area, find the lamp, go straight to the tills.

You don't need an app, but like knowing where the fridges are, you do need to know where the lighting area is. It's very much the same.

Go into any large store without knowing the layout and you have exactly the same problem.

Yes I knew that, it doesn't hurt to look around even when you sure on what lamp, check all the options. They also have a collection point in parking lot for clickshoppers.

Fair enough, didn't know that.

Re: your parking notice, if you ignore it you could well end up with a court case.

Not with the type it is.

A private parking notice for overstaying in a car park. They can, have been doing and possibly will take you to court if you ignore it.

The law changed in their favour some time ago, ignoring it is no longer the best thing to do or what is advised on pepipoo or even the threads on here.

---------- Post added 07-11-2017 at 07:34 ----------

Yes I knew that, it doesn't hurt to look around even when you sure on what lamp, check all the options. They also have a collection point in parking lot for clickshoppers.

So his argument makes no sense. He didn't have to go through every department.

He could have just gone to collection if he wished, or straight to lighting to look around.

It's a big shop he's never been to before, I don't know why he'd expect to know where things are.

---------- Post added 07-11-2017 at 07:36 ----------

For bookcases you'd go in through the exit, find the item and straight back to the tills. (You'd need the item code and to use a terminal to find the correct aisle to pick it up from).

(not sure if you were being sarcastic or not) but say you weren't: How would I know this without reading this thread?

How would you know that in any big shop?

Ikea circuit is not made for isle shopping. It is clearly designed for display and demonstration of their products.

Ikea is clearly not designed to just park car run in and grab what you want and drive off. A large section of their store is more like a showroom with some smaller supermarket type sections in between and a big warehouse at the end where you pick up the products.

You start walking around the showroom looking for something you will have to pick it up later in a completely different section near end or warehouse section.

In other words, this is not a B Q supermarket.

Had them with gravy and chips when I nipped in the other night, even my little uns that are really fussy about their grub loved them and wanted more, I liked the place, had a nice relaxed feel to it in the early evening.

I finally went and had a meal there the other night too. Meatballs, mash, peas and gravy. Was blooming delicious!

Less than £20 for my OH and I to have mains, deserts, a cold drink each and a refillable coffee. Really can't grumble at that at all. Will deffo have food there again :)

I finally went and had a meal there the other night too. Meatballs, mash, peas and gravy. Was blooming delicious!

Less than £20 for my OH and I to have mains, deserts, a cold drink each and a refillable coffee. Really can't grumble at that at all. Will deffo have food there again :)

I think Ikea and Sheffield will suit well when it comes to the food offerings.

I like a moan (ahhhmuch) but struggle to find fault with the restaurant the quality is good, portions good and you get value.

I wouldn't go on a weekend when I can't use my free drink or family discount but ya can't win em all.

They're all the same, just with variants for parking.

Which "they"?

And what about people who don't have that VW model? Can't they park too?

Glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Btw kittie, they sell the very same meatballs in the frozen section near the checkout, big bags of them.

Edited by mickey finn

Been today for first time. As a wheelchair user I was impressed with layout, parking and lifts. No problems accessing everything. Very helpful lady on checkout as I'd forgotten my Ikea card. Helped me get temporary one. Wasn't too busy as it was Monday so husband not too stressed (he doesn't like shopping ). Pleased it is in Sheffield at last.

Exactly. Me too! Am in a wheelchair and I found the majority of the room sets fine to get around ... the odd couple, not quite so.

Can I mention the toilets?!! The Disabled Toilet with the shower, hoist, changing table, the sink that is height adjustable. Just love it!