Penistone Road Speed Camera

I dont generally come down penistone from past the ground ( going into town)..so I’m not sure if there is another camera along that stretch of road ( before the camera closest to gym). If I remember I will go & investigate tomorrow . ?

Some more are located further down at the Shalesmoor roundabout. I had a good look at them today while at the lights and they do look exactly the same as the SpeedSpike speed cameras.

It would not suprise me as that stretch is all 30mph and unless its in rush hours traffic pretty much everyone goes at least 40mph.

Some more are located further down at the Shalesmoor roundabout. I had a good look at them today while at the lights and they do look exactly the same as the SpeedSpike speed cameras.

It would not suprise me as that stretch is all 30mph and unless its in rush hours traffic pretty much everyone goes at least 40mph.

Them cameras cannot be for speed then.

If everybody is doing +40mph on that stretch then they will be on here moaning that they got a speed ticket etc.

Very curious to find out what they are as i use that road every day...

If everybody is doing +40mph on that stretch then they will be on here moaning that they got a speed ticket etc.

Penistone Rd is a 30mph limit isn't it?

They haven't been up much over a week, so if they are indeed speed cameras the first people to get done by them might not even have received a PCN yet.

They haven't been up much over a week, so if they are indeed speed cameras the first people to get done by them might not even have received a PCN yet.

I find it difficult to believe that the two camera points are between leisure centre and Shalesmoor circle. There at least 8-9 locations for people to drive off Penistone Road in between the two cameras.

Either ANPR cameras (two on the same stretch?) or just traffic flow control.

Seems it doesn't matter whether or not you turn off Penistone Road (or any other road), eventually, when fully set-up, the system will calculate the time and distance taken between any two spy cameras that you may pass and be able to work-out your speed. Looks to me that it is total surveillance thinly disguised as road safety.

If someone can average over 30mph between Parkside Rd and Shalesmoor then they must be flying due to all the lights in between. Perhaps possible during the early hours.

can't imagine having anything to do with speed if it fastened to a street light slightest breeze and a street light moves about and the camera image makes you sea sick.

Is Penistone Rd 30 all the way along ? I always presumed it was but a few people have said it's 40 in parts?

Pretty sure I got done doing 34 on Saturday as there was a police 4x4 in a layby. :( I've never been done before and I'm usually so careful!

Is Penistone Rd 30 all the way along ? I always presumed it was but a few people have said it's 40 in parts?

Pretty sure I got done doing 34 on Saturday as there was a police 4x4 in a layby. :( I've never been done before and I'm usually so careful!

If your speedo said 34 I doubt you'll have been going much more than 32..I'd be surprised if you got a ticket for that..

If your speedo said 34 I doubt you'll have been going much more than 32..I'd be surprised if you got a ticket for that..

Really? In a new car?