How to become a plumber?

i am beginning to think that the only way to earn money in this world is to learn a trade and am thinking about doing some kind of plumbing/electrician apprentaship...does anyone have any advice on how to get into this and what avenues are best? :confused:

It`s 2 years at college for your NVQ level 2 Plumbing course then I think another 2 or 3 years to do your CORGI certificate, but you`ll be lucky to get in coz I`ve heard there`s a massive waiting list now.

I`m not sure about sparky courses but I`d have thought it would be the same story.

Get in touch with Sheffield or Chesterfield College to ask about vacancies.

Depends how old you are for what options are available.

im a twenty year old female. ive heard that there is a real shortage in female...tradesman/women... and that there is some kind of government funding in place for women to take these courses????????????????/

We had 2 lasses on our course and they had to pay to same fees as us, but that was a night time course.

I do know that if you are working for a plumber your employer gets some sort of grant towards your training.

its not all about money.:)

you need job satisfaction more than anything.

its not all about money.:)

you need job satisfaction more than anything.

i agree with gswift its alright training up but if you not happy with your job and what you get out of it whats the point??

And are you prepared to get covered in s***? :)