Railway parking madness

The stations that I have had the misfortune to visit for pick-ups or drop-offs recently (Manchester Piccadilly, Doncaster, Peterborough) have all been difficult, with queues of cars at popular times.

Sheffield is not particularly worse than my experience at these stations and most of the time is fine, either using the pick-up point or free parking at Q-Park. I do my bit to discourage the black cabs by always calling Uber to collect me at the pick-up point...

Because, to repeat myself, the council are trying to tempt a large business user onto it. Channel 4 are in their sights at the moment which you should really know if you pay attention to what's going on in Sheffield. Here's a pretty picture for http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/picture-new-artists-impression-shows-how-channel-4-headquarters-could-look-in-sheffield-1-8649418

Cyclone, you're obviously a bit anal if you think you can score a point that nobody cares about. The precise legal status is irrelevant although if you and sgtkate had paid more attention you'd have noticed I did actually explain the exact legal status as the HCA via YF and that the land is held to the council's order. This means that they don't have to pay for it until they have found a use. It's an off balance sheet asset. In simple parlance the council own it and have, as I said, full control over the station road environs.

Honestly, this isn't complicated, but when I do try to make it simple with simple language it's like a small child jumping out of their tiny chair shouting AHA I GOT YOU NURRR NURRRR. I'll have a look for a way to put you on ignore unless you up your game.

You stating something is not the same as you providing evidence for something.

Perhaps you got them confused, or weren't expecting anyone to actually ask for some kind of proof?

---------- Post added 02-11-2017 at 13:56 ----------

As yet we've established that the land is owned by the HCA. Apart from your statement there is no evidence that the council have any interest in it.

So, do you have any proof of the claims you keep making?

so until this land is built on and after I take it ,it will be chaos for the next few years? complete madness,sack the council and get someone in that can bring this great city on par with the rest of England.

Because, to repeat myself, the council are trying to tempt a large business user onto it. Channel 4 are in their sights at the moment which you should really know if you pay attention to what's going on in Sheffield. Here's a pretty picture for http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/picture-new-artists-impression-shows-how-channel-4-headquarters-could-look-in-sheffield-1-8649418

Cyclone, you're obviously a bit anal if you think you can score a point that nobody cares about. The precise legal status is irrelevant although if you and sgtkate had paid more attention you'd have noticed I did actually explain the exact legal status as the HCA via YF and that the land is held to the council's order. This means that they don't have to pay for it until they have found a use. It's an off balance sheet asset. In simple parlance the council own it and have, as I said, full control over the station road environs.

Honestly, this isn't complicated, but when I do try to make it simple with simple language it's like a small child jumping out of their tiny chair shouting AHA I GOT YOU NURRR NURRRR. I'll have a look for a way to put you on ignore unless you up your game.

Perhaps it's because you come across as a sanctimonious idiot trying to point score rather than sharing any knowledge that you may or may not have and therefore it's you that is going on mute. Not everything needs to be an argument. I think everyone agrees that the current traffic routes at the station are inadequate and for whatever reason, be it taxi mafia, council incompetence, lack of other options, heavens knows what else, that it won't be changing anytime soon.

Guest makapaka
Perhaps it's because you come across as a sanctimonious idiot trying to point score rather than sharing any knowledge that you may or may not have and therefore it's you that is going on mute. Not everything needs to be an argument. I think everyone agrees that the current traffic routes at the station are inadequate and for whatever reason, be it taxi mafia, council incompetence, lack of other options, heavens knows what else, that it won't be changing anytime soon.

There’s plenty of those on here there’s no need to pick on this poster.

He actually made some valid points which you shot down and they were then proven to be right - is that why you’re a bit cross?

Why would Channel 4 want to build a big office block there, with all this parking mullarkey.....

:D

He actually made some valid points which you shot down and they were then proven to be right - is that why you’re a bit cross?

Partly. :D But equally it's just his tone that gets to me. This is a discussion thread. The argument ones are in General! However, I was just posting the actual evidence that was lacking so we could continue a discussion without the he said she said type argument that was going on. I'm a bit impressed he knew about rhe HCA link but I'm still not sure that gives the council the say so on the land.

Why would Channel 4 want to build a big office block there, with all this parking mullarkey.....

:D

Because they will incorporate a car park within the building probably.

It's because he made some statements and has so far refused to supply any evidence to corroborate them.

He even declared the argument finished, after telling us about a private conversation with an unnamed councillor, clearly just expecting us to accept that because he'd said it.