Railway parking madness

what load of idiots decided or constructed the system,turn in towards the station on inside lane queue,but no taxis in there allocated areas,so some numpty creates a extra lane,then genuine driver cant go up the road,then some idiots use the footpath,20 mins later I get 50 yards to the parking area,police car leaves ,not interested in this complete mess,a huge area used by funfairs lies empty that could relieve this situation,what or which idiot came up with this silly idea,a man said to me its the worst big city railway station in England,not sure on that ,but its madness,this was Friday 27th oct,whats other peoples thoughts?

Good example, Sheffield is not made for cars.

If you live on the South side of Sheffield, use Chesterfield.

Well laid out, less expensive, Ok to wait for a few minutes FOC to pick up someone off the train, no stress. Easy to move with your suitcase, no taxi graveyard, etc.

I agree, Sheffield Midland approached by car is a nightmare. The genius who designed the layout should be made to live there, a sort of modern day Sisyphus......

I use the station regularly and never have an issue either getting in to the multistory car park or if I'm being dropped off at the drop off point.

My thoughts are that I can't really understand your description of what the problem was.

Where did you turn into the station, there are two entrances. Which lanes were blocked that stopped you reaching the car park?

Why is an empty area of privately owned land relevant? Are you suggesting that the council steal it?

what load of idiots decided or constructed the system,turn in towards the station on inside lane queue,but no taxis in there allocated areas,so some numpty creates a extra lane,then genuine driver cant go up the road,then some idiots use the footpath,20 mins later I get 50 yards to the parking area,police car leaves ,not interested in this complete mess,a huge area used by funfairs lies empty that could relieve this situation,what or which idiot came up with this silly idea,a man said to me its the worst big city railway station in England,not sure on that ,but its madness,this was Friday 27th oct,whats other peoples thoughts?

My guess is, a load of idiots who don't use it. In my opinion there was nothing wrong with the original taxi rank. There was even a bus stop at the station. Brilliant.

Friday 27th approx. 4pm came to royal standard 20 mins to get through lights to cross to station,then got to the corner packed solid on a 2 way street,but some decided to make it a 3 way road blocking the pavement on the right and the on coming side on the left,then a big black car decides he wants to go down the road but cant as some idiots created a 3rd lane going straight forward,after another 20 mins I got across to the drop off point,a police car saw all this but went straight past,it was madness,why not use the huge space of land for taxis and parking,some people say its private land my answer to that is funfairs rent the land ,so could SCC until its built on,its a disgrace and we are the laughing stock of England,we cannot even get a railway station correct.

Guest sibon

Why didn’t you use the Q park? Free for 30 mins, isn’t it

In Dronfield, the half car park that is available by the station is now subject to a parking charge. The side roads nearby are now chocca.....

What???

Follow signs for station. Turn left and see big building named "car park". Drive in.

I really dont know what the issue is. Never had a problem. Even at busy times its at worst been a few minutes in the queue.

I can tell you far worse stations to get parked at.

Don't be silly he might have to walk a short distance .

I have to pick up about once a week and go in the Q Park, free for up to 30 minutes. Sometimes it's hard to get in there coming from Chesterfield Road thanks to all those who can't be bothered to use the Q Park and totally jam the small pick up area causing chaos.

I do use the drop off zone to do just that, departing as soon as I've dropped off. I really can't understand why anyone should lock their car there and walk away, or sit there texting, but it's almost certain there'll be someone doing that at this moment. There usually is..

The jams of taxis on both sides of the road aren't too helpful either, but it's not them causing the worst hold ups, and I'm sure their drivers are as iritated as I am by the situation.

It's rare to have to wait as much as 5 minutes to get in, although when you're in a hurry it seems longer. 20 minutes sounds like a geat exaggeration, only likely if the whole of the city were gridlocked - which, of course, does sometimes happen!