Ripped off by SF user

The work on this forum is work you don't want as a tradesmen.

People want everything for nothing and complain when they get rubbish quality or messed about. You deserve what you get cheapskates !! ?

Exactly ! We are so short of qualified electricians and plumbers, and the ones we have are always fully booked. They don’t need a Forum but come recommended by their regular customers.

The work on this forum is work you don't want as a tradesmen.

People want everything for nothing and complain when they get rubbish quality or messed about. You deserve what you get cheapskates !! ?

No they don't on all counts.

I paid a bricklayer from My Trader the same money as the rip off con man on here wanted,and the same as i was quoted by another builder - time was the decisive factor not the cost.

I'm arranging a landscaper through SF for the same money as 2 other landscapers who have quoted me.

What i want is value for money not ripping off - why should i pay a tradesman an extra 20% on materials just because they order them,or a day rate of £200 for a small job just because some tradesman can't be bothered to get out of bed for less.

If people don't want the work then don't respond to the job vacancies.

Exactly ! We are so short of qualified electricians and plumbers, and the ones we have are always fully booked. They don’t need a Forum but come recommended by their regular customers.

You are actually dissing all the corgi & nieces registered tradesmen who do take work off the forum so yes genuine registered tradesmen do use the forum to get jobs.

Not seriously but still fraudulently - requested deposit up front for some rubbish removal before starting building work.

Removal never arrived and neither did the builder.

Two weeks ago they offered to repay the money but it never appeared.

This week i start with plans to get the money back and have them prosecuted -

it will mean contacting SF for their personal details probably.

But we'll see what potential there mobile number and bank account details have for the police on Monday.

Did you have a written quote?

Did you have anything stating what job was expected to be done in return for the price agreed?

best to see and get recommendations in my opinion,i think 10 per cent is a correct deposit and stage payments would be fine to most people.

Edited by bassett one

Did you have a written quote?

Did you have anything stating what job was expected to be done in return for the price agreed?

No and yes.

Everything was done verbally, as has been 90% of the work i've ever had done at my home. I have text messages confirming what they were going to do and the dates.

I would have been happy for them to turn up on the date they agreed let alone do any actual work.

They had 4 weeks notice to turn up, i rang him at lunch time on the day he was due and he said only fools lay bricks in the rain.

At that actual moment i was sat in a t shirt and shorts on my back garden.

With all due respect I think the police would put it down to a civil issue.

You’d be left with the option to go to small claims court, but with no proper contract or paper work addressed to you with what work was agreed and expected you’ll struggle.

£40, £400 or £4000 always best to get something on paper to protect both customer and tradesmen.

Good luck with it.

Not seriously but still fraudulently - requested deposit up front for some rubbish removal before starting building work.

Removal never arrived and neither did the builder.

Two weeks ago they offered to repay the money but it never appeared.

This week i start with plans to get the money back and have them prosecuted -

it will mean contacting SF for their personal details probably.

But we'll see what potential there mobile number and bank account details have for the police on Monday.

It's a pitty you can't name and shame people like this on here. I hope you get it sorted Willman.