Five Weirs Walk fully open?

Not been on the 5 Weirs for a while

Is the section alongside the Sheffield Smelting Co still closed ?

Is the 5 Weirs open yet alongside the Sheffield Smelting Company ?

Answering my own question

Was on the 5 Weirs on Saturday the 17th

The section alongside the Smelting Company is still closed

Still closed alongside Smelting Co. Saturday 16th July

5 Weirs Walk still still closed alongside Smelting Co on Friday 11th November

Any information re work required to re open this section ?

On Weedon Street there is a new cafe worth a visit, it's called Rag 'N' Bone

I know the footpath by the Salmon Pastures has been closed for some while now however, does anyone know if it's going to be re-opened?

I have contacted both the Canal & River Trust and the Don Catchment Rivers Trust and neither could help me.

There is a notice on the bottom gate, saying contact SCC for further information but no-one there seems to be of any help?
They, SCC,  probably closed it as it was a safety hazard due to the damaged footpath.

Does anyone know who is responsible for the footpath? 

Edited by Tammy99

Just received a reply from SCC

"Thank you for your email. I apologise that it has taken so long for your email to get through to the right place. Unfortunately the attachments you refer to have not made their way to me so I may not be responding to all of your questions. Please let me know if this is the case.

Parks and Countryside have recently taken over as custodians of the 5 Weirs Walk. As you are aware from the signage you have seen, a section of the Five Weirs Walk was closed in November 2019 due to major structural issues. Estimated costs of the works are significant and unfortunately there is no funding allocated to resolve these issues nor definitive timescales for any improvement works. In having taken over the management of the walk Parks and Countryside are reviewing the situation on the network including the closed section. This piece of work is in the very early stages."

On 21/04/2023 at 08:58, Tammy99 said:

Just received a reply from SCC

"Thank you for your email. I apologise that it has taken so long for your email to get through to the right place. Unfortunately the attachments you refer to have not made their way to me so I may not be responding to all of your questions. Please let me know if this is the case.

Parks and Countryside have recently taken over as custodians of the 5 Weirs Walk. As you are aware from the signage you have seen, a section of the Five Weirs Walk was closed in November 2019 due to major structural issues. Estimated costs of the works are significant and unfortunately there is no funding allocated to resolve these issues nor definitive timescales for any improvement works. In having taken over the management of the walk Parks and Countryside are reviewing the situation on the network including the closed section. This piece of work is in the very early stages."

In reply to the above from SCC

5 Weirs Walk still closed side of Smelting Co. as said there is no funding for repair

HOWEVER. On the 5 Weirs Walk  between Stevenson Road and East Coast Road there has been a new tarmac surface laid

How much for that out of the no funding available ?