Fly Tipping Problems

I do a lot of HGV driving around the country and I can tell you for sure that Sheffield is one of if not the tidiest big city in the whole country,

So people are unable to find out the opening times and fit it into their schedule? My local corner shop shuts at 9pm. Do I wait till 9:30 then moan how it should be open later because I didn't go earlier for the things I need? No, I know it shuts at 9pm and I make sure if I need something that I go before then.

SCC might not be helping matters but it the residents that are bringing on themselves because of their lazy, selfish ways and refusing to change from them.

We went to the Longley Avenue tip at about 10.45 today, it opens at 10. I checked, because we'd planned to go proper 'early doors' as most places are quietish then. I'd have thought an 8am opening and early closing on some days would have more helpful than a fixed 10am-6pm.

There were queues to get in, and we sat for about 10 minutes with very little progress. So we took our rubbish home and plan to try again another day. Does anyone know when the quietest times are?

Edited by Ms Macbeth

i do waste removal and always show i.d,waste carrier licence,and offer reciept too.

so my customers know im not a plonker that fly tips! :)

And again with this BS rhetoric.

Once again I will remind you that MANY councils have been fortnightly collections for YEARS without issue.

If fly-tipping is up in Sheffield then it's ON SHEFFIELD'S RESIDENTS not the council. It's the residents that are being the filthy, self-important bottom-feeders by not adapting in the same way that every other council area has.

SHAME ON YOU ALL!

And also on businesses. I'm unfortunate enough to walk through The Wicker twice per day to and from work. The place is disgusting, it's like walking through a refuse tip. And yesterday stacked round all the PUBLIC bins were bin bags full of waste from all the commercial premises on there (take aways).

People slate McDonalds but at least they send out litter teams to pick up waste within a few hundred yards of their places.

---------- Post added 04-06-2013 at 09:47 ----------

OP's links seems to be bust.

That's because its an old thread someone has revived.

I understand that the commercial waste sites are no longer allowing tradesmen on to site to dispose of their rubbish so it is going to mean that more tradespeople will have to use skips, resulting in an increase in price to customers.

Back in the day before the council subbed out the running of the dump it sites there were no barriers and the trades lads used to tip and bung the lads who worked there a few quid for a drink.............. this worked lovely ,everyone was happy and there wasnt any fly tipping.

Back in the day before the council subbed out the running of the dump it sites there were no barriers and the trades lads used to tip and bung the lads who worked there a few quid for a drink.............. this worked lovely ,everyone was happy and there wasnt any fly tipping.

Why shouldn't trade waste be charged. Had a new fence fitted recentlly

The charge for taking the old one away was around £85. So they had already

got the money for dumping and very likely a profit.

I understand that the commercial waste sites are no longer allowing tradesmen on to site to dispose of their rubbish so it is going to mean that more tradespeople will have to use skips resort to alternative methods of rubbish disposal , resulting in an increase in price to customers flytipping.

Fixed that for you..

Can someone tell me how exactly you report flytipping? Is it through the council? Anyone have a number I can call as I see that much when I'm out and aboutnowadays and usually just presume someone else will have reported it but maybe I should start doing my bit in future...

So what exactly are tradesmen suppose to do with there waste?

Leave it with the customer or take it away

Genuine question.

I don't buy the two week collection of bins as an excuse, we have had that in Rotherham for years and we all get on with it without a moan. I have never had or heard the conversation about 2 weekly collections.

Why should vans be allowed at the dumpit site? All that is going to happen is trade waste being dumped. That is why trailers, vans etc are not allowed, otherwise I would never have to get another skip and save a few bob in the process. In Rotherham I have to get a special permit to take my van and book it in and it cannot be trade waste, so if i wanted to take a mattress for example, i would need and permit and a booking. A bag of tiles? No chance, get a skip.

Perhaps Sheffield just has a few more scrotes than the rest of the country. Or perhaps it is just statistics as the councillor claims. Just a thought.

It could be that people in Rotherham are dumping all their rubbish in sheffield! :hihi: