Fly Tipping Problems

Just another rant about fly tipping .

Someone has tipped a skip load of the usual mix of builders waste and household rubbish in the car park near the top entrance to Wadsley Common off Long Lane.

Apart from chipboard and scrap appliances there is a distinctive round orange  floor cushion with a Wicker Man emblem on it and an old orange Vax vacuum cleaner.

Perhaps someone has paid to dispose of this lot or perhaps not.

Few are caught in the act but those that are should get the harshest possible penalties.

So lots of small scale fly tipping around me lately. 

tried reporting on fixmystreet (as i have always done) but it seems SCC no longer accepts reports from 3rd party sites.

Went to the SCC website but it seems it no longer possible to submit online forms.

They ask you to ring a number that keeps giving you 6-8 options to choose from but never gets picked up an actual human at any point.

I think we will all just have to accept flytipping piling high on every street corner as a normal part of life ,as SCC clearly wants us to. 

33 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

tried reporting on fixmystreet (as i have always done) but it seems SCC no longer accepts reports from 3rd party sites.

Went to the SCC website but it seems it no longer possible to submit online forms.

They ask you to ring a number that keeps giving you 6-8 options to choose from but never gets picked up an actual human at any point.

I think we will all just have to accept flytipping piling high on every street corner as a normal part of life ,as SCC clearly wants us to. 

I did manage to report this.

As you say the online form is not operating,

I stuck with the options on 2734567,and apparently took one wrong turn but after 25 minutes of music and messages I did get to speak to a helpful person who said it will be cleared.

Delighted to see that this eyesore has been removed within 24 hours of reporting it.

Many thanks.

On 02/07/2020 at 14:47, arrowhead said:

tried reporting on fixmystreet (as i have always done) but it seems SCC no longer accepts reports from 3rd party sites

I've reported 3 things on fixmystreet in the last week, all have been actioned by SCC 😊

On 15/03/2020 at 12:40, RJRB said:

Somebody had a garage clear out of plastic kids toys and car tyres and thought they would dump them in the car park off Long Lane as you enter Wadsley Common.

Cretins!

Same place,a load dumped a couple of weeks ago and cleared within a couple of days,but now we have a pile of fibreglass car body parts and a mattress dumped over the weekend.

Looks like commercial waste.

How I wish they could catch them,fine them and confiscate their vehicles.

There are some anti social morons about.

5 hours ago, RJRB said:

Same place,a load dumped a couple of weeks ago and cleared within a couple of days,but now we have a pile of fibreglass car body parts and a mattress dumped over the weekend.

Looks like commercial waste.

How I wish they could catch them,fine them and confiscate their vehicles.

There are some anti social morons about.

Yes i noticed this yesterday-disgusting. It must all be from  a garage and must have taken a big lorry. Looked like about 10 car bonnets!

On 09/08/2020 at 22:01, lindylou53 said:

Yes i noticed this yesterday-disgusting. It must all be from  a garage and must have taken a big lorry. Looked like about 10 car bonnets!

This lot now cleared again so thanks to the council.

Last week I reported a pile of rubbish fly tipped.  It was removed promptly by the council but this morning more rubbish has fly tipped in the same place. A massive pile of tyres this time. 

How much does it cost to dispose of waste if its not household waste?

Just reading this "Gate fees – waste processing facilities, such as recycling plants and landfill sites, charge a gate fee. The average UK gate fee weighs in at approximately £6 per tonne."

https://www.businesswaste.co.uk/commercial-waste-collection-costs-2021/

I am guessing that when waste is fly tipped, its because of laziness and the cost involved of disposing it are small.

Most waste can be burnt in an incinerator, which will create energy, so they could almost pay you to bring waste.

There are companies that speciallise in reclaiming wood. So the costs involved are just transporting the waste to the site that will deal with it.

I am thinking I may do that in the future.

Shops have bins on wheels, but how do small businesses dispose of waste?

29 minutes ago, El Cid said:

How much does it cost to dispose of waste if its not household waste?

Just reading this "Gate fees – waste processing facilities, such as recycling plants and landfill sites, charge a gate fee. The average UK gate fee weighs in at approximately £6 per tonne."

https://www.businesswaste.co.uk/commercial-waste-collection-costs-2021/

I am guessing that when waste is fly tipped, its because of laziness and the cost involved of disposing it are small.

Most waste can be burnt in an incinerator, which will create energy, so they could almost pay you to bring waste.

There are companies that speciallise in reclaiming wood. So the costs involved are just transporting the waste to the site that will deal with it.

I am thinking I may do that in the future.

Shops have bins on wheels, but how do small businesses dispose of waste?

Depends on the waste but ultimately pay a company to take it away. 

12 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Depends on the waste but ultimately pay a company to take it away. 

I guess every sole trader will have a different set up, decorator, plumber etc