Fly Tipping Problems

If there weren't so many restrictions at public tips. there wouldn't be a problem with fly tipping !

What restrictions stop the public from taking domestic rubbish?

What restrictions stop the public from taking domestic rubbish?

there aren't any.

For the past few weeks the car park has been filled with rubbish, more appearing daily. It’s now hard to park if you arrive after 8.30. What is going on ?????

For the past few weeks the car park has been filled with rubbish, more appearing daily. It’s now hard to park if you arrive after 8.30. What is going on ?????

I reported this to Total Car Parks last week and they replied saying that they are aware of the fly tipping and will be arranging for it to be cleared. They've also said that they will close the gates after 6 and keep it closed on weekends.

Given that the car parks is advertised as 24hrs, I asked if there will be a reduction in prices being as though it won't be 24hrs anymore....unsurprisingly, they said that prices will remain the same. :roll:

If the car park isn't cleared soon though, it will become full. More rubbish appears every morning.

I reported this to Total Car Parks last week and they replied saying that they are aware of the fly tipping and will be arranging for it to be cleared. They've also said that they will close the gates after 6 and keep it closed on weekends.

Given that the car parks is advertised as 24hrs, I asked if there will be a reduction in prices being as though it won't be 24hrs anymore....unsurprisingly, they said that prices will remain the same. :roll:

If the car park isn't cleared soon though, it will become full. More rubbish appears every morning.

Thanks for your info! Glad to hear they are aware but little seems to be done as there is more each day. The whole area round here is polluted with rubbish it’s vile. Seems to be old household waste. Perfect for rats ?

Is it secure ? I wouldn't leave the car there overnight

I have reported Swinton Street on fixmystreet.com

I was disgusted this morning to see a load of rubbish fly tipped, near the boundary to the Peak District. I can’t even begin to comprehend how anyone thinks it’s ok to dump rubbish in a beautiful place like this. I would like to see it dumped inside their house, maybe that is the only way they could start to understand how ignorant this is. But, it does make me wonder if it should be easier for rubbish to properly disposed of (ideally recycled)?  

People use white van man to clear their stuff at a cheap rate without checking they have a waste carrier license. 

8 hours ago, redruby said:

I was disgusted this morning to see a load of rubbish fly tipped, near the boundary to the Peak District. I can’t even begin to comprehend how anyone thinks it’s ok to dump rubbish in a beautiful place like this. I would like to see it dumped inside their house, maybe that is the only way they could start to understand how ignorant this is. But, it does make me wonder if it should be easier for rubbish to properly disposed of (ideally recycled)?  

If it's household waste, perfectly straightforward to take it to the tip.

If it's business waste, perfectly straightforward to get a professional contractor to dispose of it correctly.

Edited by Bargepole23

9 hours ago, redruby said:

It's never been easier for rubbish to disposed of properly. As Bargepole says, if it's domestic waste and you can get to a recycling centre it's free. If you haven't transport or it's business waste then pay a duly accredited contractor to dispose of it.

Where's the difficulty?