Fly Tipping Problems

The blame lies with the council for refusing to let long wheelbase vans into the dumps im afraid.

The council have brought this on themselves ,and it will only get worse. Before SCC subbed out the running of the dumps to their mates at Violia ,who put up barriers , there wasnt the fly tipping problem there is now. The lads with the vans used to get shut of their rubbish at the dumps and the lads who work there earned themselves a " Drink" in return.

No the blame lies squarely at scruffy sods who fly tip (I can't use stronger words) and if you do it, you're a scruffy, lazy sod as well. If the council chopped a finger off every fly tipper, people would find a way to properly dispose of it as well.

For "lads" read "tax dodging irresponsible scum" who can't be arsed to play with a straight bat like normal people do. Your attitude sickens me.

The blame lies with the council for refusing to let long wheelbase vans into the dumps im afraid.

The council have brought this on themselves ,and it will only get worse. Before SCC subbed out the running of the dumps to their mates at Violia ,who put up barriers , there wasnt the fly tipping problem there is now. The lads with the vans used to get shut of their rubbish at the dumps and the lads who work there earned themselves a " Drink" in return.

The blame lies in no way with anybody or any organisation other than than those who dumped the rubbish.

If these people had any sense of responsibility this wouldn't happen. It's not difficult to dispose of rubbish responsibly, it might require a little bit more effort is all.

I drove along Hucklow Road on Friday night. There was a pile on the pavement that consisted of a couple of mattresses, a cupboard, at least 3 or 4 chairs, loads more random stuff. Its not the first time Ive seen things dumped there.

Do you honestly believe that whoever dumped it there would have taken it to the tip in a van if theyd had the choice?

had this problem of fly tippers dumping rubbish on our land had council on to me to clear the rubbish or they would serve me with a anti social order forget those who do it the council can only apply pressure on land owners etc why not regulate those who advertise cheap waste removel and educate the public about them using

Totally agree.

There are no excuses.

Report all fly tipping and littering.

It’s the council workers who have the unenviable task of clearing up all manner of waste.

Now then Tone, you're showing your true colours again, siding with criminals and blaming everyone else for their behaviour.

Now then Tone, you're showing your true colours again, siding with criminals and blaming everyone else for their behaviour.

I was listening to a Barnsley councillor on Radio sheffield moaning about an increase in household black bags being fly tipped full of food rubbish etc. He said he couldnt understand why there had been an explosion in dumping household waste bags.

If his council , like others hadnt cut the black wheelie bin collection by half , people wouldnt have to resort to dumping their rubbish . Did the councils think by cutting the collections by half, then half of the rubbish would vanish into thin air. ?

I was listening to a Barnsley councillor on Radio sheffield moaning about an increase in household black bags being fly tipped full of food rubbish etc. He said he couldnt understand why there had been an explosion in dumping household waste bags.

If his council , like others hadnt cut the black wheelie bin collection by half , people wouldnt have to resort to dumping their rubbish . Did the councils think by cutting the collections by half, then half of the rubbish would vanish into thin air. ?

The majority of scummers crapola I see dumped is quite obviously Indian takeaway waste and builders rubbish, not your usual wheelie bin fodder.

Then they're making too much rubbish - are people taking it up as a hobby?

Your delusional, you don't think fly tipping existed when the council ran the tips? Lazy inconsiderate folk will always take the easy option no matter who or what it inconveniences.

Look at this shocking case of a horse and its foal dumped in South Yorkshire, how anyone can excuse people doing such things is beyond me https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/outrage-as-horse-carcass-and-its-foal-found-dumped-by-side-of-south-yorkshire-road-1-8952335 distressing pictures on the link.

There seems to be plenty of this 'thin air' around- you clearly believe councils can magic money to pay for weekly bin collections out of it. Or perhaps there's a magic money tree for this?

No, they thought half of it would go into the recycling bins.

They havent cut the collections in half, theyve just divided it into 2 separate

collections, which most people manage perfectly well with.