Fly Tipping Problems

Maybe it's that guy on the ultra loud motorbike doing all the tipping?

On the basis that someone guilty of one form of anti-social behaviour is more likely to be guilty of others, you may be right.

Actually, something happened today to indicate I`m right in my theory.

I was driving up Parkside road, a dark grey "customised" Land Rover was in front of me. It had a very loud exhaust, and, worse, when he floored the throttle it puthered clouds of noxious smoke out of the exhaust. I assume it`d been "tuned" for more power at the expense of more pollution for everyone else to breath in. He then turned his stereo on at very great volume, I could hear it in my car despite having the windows wound up and my stereo on. What are we up to now ? Is it three types of anti social behaviour * ? But he then makes it a big FOUR (or five), by throwing his litter out of the window. My son was in the car with me and pointed out he was "a naughty man", and my lad is only 4 years old, but he`s been bought up "right"........

And our mate in the Land Rover had a silver Union Jack emblem on the back of his vehicle. He loves his country does he ? Not enough, it seems, to stop him despoiling it.

* Four if you count flooring the throttle in a built up area in busy traffic. If you think about it, managing to do that in the rush hour whilst in a huge queue right up to Leppings Lane requires an exceptional degree of poor driving.

Edited by Justin Smith

There was a relevant article in The Times yesterday. The Govt is proposing :

Fines of up to £150 for dropping litter from a car, and, critically, it`d be the driver who`d get prosecuted. This is very significant because it makes prosecution [possibly with cameras ? ] very much easier.

I`m all for it.

A ban on councils charging residents for the disposal of domestic waste at sites.

Do any councils charge residents (for domestic waste) now ?

Offenders on community sentences, including those caught fly tipping, help councils clear up waste.

Don`t they already do that ? If not why not ? ! ?

Creating a "green generation" by educating children to lead the fight against litter.

I`m all for that too, but am a bit cynical whether it`d work. Surely kids get their moral lead on such things from their parents ? And if their parents are scrubbers I`d have thought the teachers would be really up against it trying to give the kids a less anti social attitude ?

Edited by Justin Smith

Along a country road between two villages near us there is a lay-by with the entrance to a field which is used to grow veg.This lay-by is sometimes used for fly tipping

so the farmer has blocked the entrance to the field with a large piece of machinery to prevent his field being used as a dump.

I went passed today and there in the lay-by was the shell of a 15 foot caravan.

You couldn't make it up.

Edit: the doors are open and the inside is crammed with black bags of rubbish.

Just up the road couple of hundred yards two mattresses dumped on the verge.

Edited by davyboy

Anyone see the article about the stuff dumped on the A57 near todwick this morning. Ended up being a major incident

Saw something near Lindrick golf course on the way to Lincoln. There was one police car mid morning and when we came back there were people kitted out in protective suits milling around a half dozen or so blue plastic containers.

I have just come back from touring Ireland, and the difference is amazing, there is no rubbish anywhere, you can drive for miles and miles and not see any rubbish thrown in the hedgerows..

If you live in the sticks it happens regularly. What's really annoying, drive for another mile or so and there are a couple of council tips. I actually have a couple of photos I took of rubbish tipped primarily in or near farm gates. I was going to send them to a local paper but decided against it.

Angel1.

I have just come back from touring Ireland, and the difference is amazing, there is no rubbish anywhere, you can drive for miles and miles and not see any rubbish thrown in the hedgerows..

Ditto this, I'm in SW Ireland regularly and there's very, very little rubbish.

Which considering over there you have to specifically pay and opt-in to have your rubbish collected from your house, and you have to take your own recycling to recycling centres, and the general bin/doggy bin provision is very poor compared to here I find pretty impressive.

Obviously I know the population density is much lower but still.

Think I have seen it all now... There is a full trailer, yes trailer, full of rubbish been left at the end of Edge lane S6 Its been there all day sofa mattress the lot It really beggars belief Do you think they can DNA it to find the culprit???

:rant:

Think I have seen it all now... There is a full trailer, yes trailer, full of rubbish been left at the end of Edge lane S6 Its been there all day sofa mattress the lot It really beggars belief Do you think they can DNA it to find the culprit???

BBC Look North tonight. Film showing FlyTippers van

being crushed after being caught on camera by Rotherham Council

Not surprised at all. Last year had an entire skip and it's contents left at the bottom of my road.

Have you reported the trailer? http://www.fixmystreet.com