Fly Tipping Problems

Are you being serious. I use the dump-it sites wuite regularly and never have a problem.

This^^^

There is nothing at all onerous or complicated involved in taking your domestic rubbish to the tip. Businesses should be paying to dispose of their waste, council tax payers shouldn't be expected to subsidise their operations by providing free waste disposal sites.

Only been to Blackstock Road in the last 20 years but with only a minor reshuffle they could reduce the queues quite easily. If 2 cars could get through the entrance side by side and drive all the way around it would be so much easier.

There is nothing at all onerous or complicated involved in taking your domestic rubbish to the tip...

There is very often a damn great long queue.

The alternative might be to have it collected by the council, this comes at a cost I know but then so does fly tipping indirectly.

There is very often a damn great long queue.

Which takes maybe 15 minutes to get through. If I was queuing in it every day then yes, it would be a bind. If I'm queuing in it a few times a year.....who cares, no big deal.

Which takes maybe 15 minutes to get through...

I've never bothered waiting, but even if that is not an optimistic estimate, that is quite a long time to be sat in a queue, especially when there is no good reason for there to be such a queue.

I don't know about any other sites, but certainly at Shirecliffe it is fundamentally due to the stupidity of the administration.

I've never bothered waiting, but even if that is not an optimistic estimate, that is quite a long time to be sat in a queue, especially when there is no good reason for there to be such a queue.

I don't know about any other sites, but certainly at Shirecliffe it is fundamentally due to the stupidity of the administration.

I'm not familiar with Shirecliffe (other than its location) so how or what improvements could be made to improve waiting times given that it's a heavily populated area as well?

I'm not familiar with Shirecliffe (other than its location) so how or what improvements could be made to improve waiting times given that it's a heavily populated area as well?

All they need do is rearrange it a little such that people can drive in, park and unload rather than have everyone park in the queue where they cannot unload until it is their turn.

I live in Hoyland so use Barnsley Dump sites and they got a permit scheme going now. Had to take my car log book in and they gave me a permit for the windscreen. I was told to stop other people in different areas using Barnsley dump its. Still dont stop people using Wombwell Woods as a tip.

All they need do is rearrange it a little such that people can drive in, park and unload rather than have everyone park in the queue where they cannot unload until it is their turn.

I don't know, maybe H&S is a factor, either way it is what it is, it wouldn't be anything I'd be keen on doing too often but it is an occasional inconvenience as already stated.

This is true.

I recently went to Deepcar recycling where I parked, emptied some of my load in a receptacle, moved on a little in the car, parked and unloaded some more in to a separate receptacle and finally moved a little further and emptied the final part of the load.

No queuing, help from the operatives and out in under 5 minutes.