Fly Tipping Problems

I agree with Static, if the council made it easier for people to get rid of their stuff there wouldn't be a reason to fly tip. What about people who do not have a vehicle, how do they get rid of stuff? I also think a lot of it is sheer laziness though.

Guest sibon
The council created this mess due to their moronic decision to stop vans using the dump it sites. This issue didnt exist before they put barriers on the tips. It cots the council a great deal more to clean up fly tipping than it does to let big vans get rid of tgheir rubbish in the dump it sites. Its false economy.

The council have no one to blame but themselves .

Ah yes. Blame the council, not the criminal.

Just like you blame the Government for taxing tobacco, whilst propping up organised criminals/ terrorists, by buying knock off baccy.

What a nice man you are.

What is the cost of a licence/permit for trade waste?

I don't think it is the permit that is an issue, but the £95/tonne charge (or however much it is now).

Regrettably, I suspect that the lion's share of the fly tipping is from people who've been paid to take it away...

Though thinking on, if so much of it is individual bags rather than tipper-loads then it is quite likely just people tired of queuing for the tip.

Do we know which one is best from a queuing point of view?

I don't think it is the permit that is an issue, but the £95/tonne charge (or however much it is now).

Regrettably, I suspect that the lion's share of the fly tipping is from people who've been paid to take it away...

Though thinking on, if so much of it is individual bags rather than tipper-loads then it is quite likely just people tired of queuing for the tip.

Do we know which one is best from a queuing point of view?

I see, so on top of the permit there's a tipping charge also, and that includes certain transit types as well I assume.

I'm inclined to agree with you. The majority of the items dumped near us are acceptable as household and therefore free to drop off (by car that is). If it's down to individuals offering a collection service then yes, its likely they're just out to make a quick buck.

If you find any flytipping report it tonstreets ahead if it's dumped innhuggway they will come immediately and remove it. I rang one in at 530am I was told it sounded like some one had opened rear doors if a transit. It was the 4th they had dealt with that night !

The council created this mess due to their moronic decision to stop vans using the dump it sites. This issue didnt exist before they put barriers on the tips. It cots the council a great deal more to clean up fly tipping than it does to let big vans get rid of tgheir rubbish in the dump it sites. Its false economy.

The council have no one to blame but themselves .

That`s absolute ********. There is no excuse whatsoever for Fly Tipping, those who do it are absolute scum, only one up from Burglars in my list.

It`s also incorrect because most of the fly tipping along the side of the road was bin liners which would easily fit in a car.

Long wheelbase vans cannot use the dumps under any circumstances.

Almost all the fly tipped waste I`ve ever seen would fit in a SWB van. In fact the great majority would fit in a car, certainly an estate car.

Edited by Justin Smith

The fly tippers are indeed the culprits, but I think the council really don't help matters - whenever you go to the dumpit sites there are so many rules and regulations and things you can't do that you just feel they're looking for an excuse to stop you leaving anything there.

The fly tippers are indeed the culprits, but I think the council really don't help matters - whenever you go to the dumpit sites there are so many rules and regulations and things you can't do that you just feel they're looking for an excuse to stop you leaving anything there.

I think the queues are more likely the culprits than the regulations. At least there is some kind of reason for the latter.

Maybe it's that guy on the ultra loud motorbike doing all the tipping?

Article in The Times :

Some councils in England have issued no fixed penalty fines to flytippers in spite of an epidemic which costs local authorities £49.8 million a year to clear up.

Sunderland, Derby Nottingham & Coventry have issued no penalties, by contrast Brighton issued 105 earning £21,000.

Does anyone know how many penalties Sheffield City Council have issued ?

---------- Post added 30-03-2017 at 09:27 ----------

Maybe it's that guy on the ultra loud motorbike doing all the tipping?

On the basis that someone guilty of one form of anti-social behaviour is more likely to be guilty of others, you may be right.

Edited by Justin Smith

Are you being serious. I use the dump-it sites wuite regularly and never have a problem.