Fly Tipping Problems

I would happily pay to use the council tip to dispose of customers/job waste.

Nothing stupid but say, £5.00 for a small van/truck load, I'm not up on the permits if anyone would like to enlighten me on those.

At the minute job waste goes onto my own property, then skipped when there is enough to do so.

I don,t think Sheffield is the worst in the country as bad as the problem is here!.I used to travel all over the country as an HGV driver,the worst I ever saw was at Dagenham London it was on a public road beside the power station near the River Thames.It was about a quarter mile long and full of fly tipped rubbish touching both sides as high as my lorry cab.It was mind boggling to see,I was down that way a few weeks later and it was all cleared away,god knows how much that cost!.

I would happily pay to use the council tip to dispose of customers/job waste.

Nothing stupid but say, £5.00 for a small van/truck load, I'm not up on the permits if anyone would like to enlighten me on those.

At the minute job waste goes onto my own property, then skipped when there is enough to do so.

Hmmm. How much would a small van/truck load weigh?

The land fill tax alone is £72 per tonne. It'll be £80 next year. The rate of increase is exponential.

On top of the landfill tax you've got to add on the transportation costs, wages, plus associated costs of running a landfill site.

It probably adds up to a lot more than £5.

Because ther council decided in their wisdom ( or stupidity) to sub contract out a service to a profit making private company .......

Or they were forced to do it by central government.

I think the majority of waste, (my waste anyway) can be broken up and recycled.

Very little if an would go to land fill

Last year i came across two bags of household rubbish dumped on station road at deepcar,inside was an insurance quote to an address on the stubbin estate at deepcar.

I reported the find and gave all the details but was told unless the dumper was actually seen dumping there was nothing that could be done,the letter could have been planted.

So far as I can see the only way to really stop it is to impose massive fines that can be used to enforce it. Fingers crossed.

Or open more re-cycling centers , open them for longer hours and allow vans in again. The council spends a fortune om clearing up fly tipping , money which could be used to pay for extended opening hrs at the dumps and new dumps . What do the council expect is going to happen when their buddies at Veolia are slowly but surely rejecting more and more waste and have erected barriers to stop vans entering. If you make it harder for people to dispose of waste what do the council expect people to do with it ? ................. Its going to get fly tipped. Its no coincidence that there was an explosion in fly tipping when the council handed over running of the dumps to Veolia who instantly banned large vans from the dumps.

Clearance, I read your post regarding a certain jack of all on the vacancies page, I totally agree with you buddy.

Or open more re-cycling centers , open them for longer hours and allow vans in again. The council spends a fortune om clearing up fly tipping , money which could be used to pay for extended opening hrs at the dumps and new dumps . What do the council expect is going to happen when their buddies at Veolia are slowly but surely rejecting more and more waste and have erected barriers to stop vans entering. If you make it harder for people to dispose of waste what do the council expect people to do with it ? ................. Its going to get fly tipped. Its no coincidence that there was an explosion in fly tipping when the council handed over running of the dumps to Veolia who instantly banned large vans from the dumps.

You still don't want to get it. Do you?

The cost of disposing of waste has gone up.

The Household Waste Recycling Centres are for "Household Waste".

If you want to dump household waste, as a Council Tax payer, it is 'free' to do so.

If you want to dump trade waste, you have to pay do do so elsewhere.

If you just want an excuse to flytip, then witter on.

Last year i came across two bags of household rubbish dumped on station road at deepcar,inside was an insurance quote to an address on the stubbin estate at deepcar.

I reported the find and gave all the details but was told unless the dumper was actually seen dumping there was nothing that could be done,the letter could have been planted.

I would have been tempted to plant said rubbish in the garden of said fly tipper :)

I was out at Fairholmes and saw a group of young adults bag their rubbish and throw it in a hedge. I collected the bag and placed it on their car, along with a note stating "I believe this is yours".

I think the majority of waste, (my waste anyway) can be broken up and recycled.

Very little if an would go to land fill

Have you spoken to Roy Hatfield Plasterboard Recycling in Rotherham?

As they state on their website "Landfill disposal for plasterboard waste is extremely expensive when compared to recycling routes".

Complaints about fly tipping are higher in Sheffield than in any other part of the country with over 58,000 reported in just 12 months. The explosion in fly tipping in Sheffield will only get worse when the council start implementing the crazy fortnightly bin collections in a couple of weeks. Add all the extra uncollected bin rubbish to the fact the dump it sites are open fewer hours, and the council can't have anyone to blame but themselves for this fly tipping explosion.

The council caused the fly tipping problem in the first place by banning large vans from using the dumps ,and look at the result. Now the council are going to make the matter 100 times worse with their stupid policys. In Barnsley the council operate the same policy about large vans at at the dumps, but do let them park outside at dispose of their rubbish, as it's better than having it fly tipped, so the fly tipping problem is nothing like in Sheffield.

Councillor Jack Scott (yes, him again) says Sheffield council are doing all they can to prevent fly tipping, but obviously are NOT because they won't allow large vans to tip at the dumps. Now he is about to see the result of his councils stupid policy on bin collections. You reap what you sow, Mr Scott.

According to Barnsley Council's website they don't accept business waste at their Household Waste Recycling Centres either, nor do they here in Derbyshire.

It also appears that Barnsley also do the same as Derbyshire and collect black bins every fortnight and recycling the alternate weeks. I assume you're the same as us here and have absolutely no problems at all with this system.